• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS Animated Flags for you

Country
italy
ANY COMMERCIAL USE IS PROHIBITED

Dear guys,
as gift to all the help i got from you over the years, i'm pleased to share to whom is interested my animated flags (4 animation according to wind speed and wind direction)

to use them, place the files in PackageSources\Simobjects\misc

in your
Packagedefinitions\yourfiledefinition.xml file add the code below

Code:
<AssetGroup Name="mamu_flag_1">
            <Type>SimObject</Type>
            <Flags>
                <FSXCompatibility>false</FSXCompatibility>
            </Flags>
            <AssetDir>PackageSources\SimObjects\misc\mamu_flag_1\</AssetDir>
            <OutputDir>SimObjects\misc\mamu_flag_1\</OutputDir>
        </AssetGroup>

AND PLEASE CHANGE THE MODELINFO GUID IN EACH MODEL\mamu_flag_n.xml file

you can add up to four different flags, of course you can edit the png with your favourite image

included is also the "art" .max source file if you need further modification (of course you have to go through the babylon exporter). I have not access to 3ds anymore (trial period expired) therefore I'm not able to help if you have any sort of problems

Hope you enjoy!

Attachments

• mamu_flags_source.zip
    4.8 MB · Views: 167
Country
italy
that"s Is really to much, He made the World in Seven days, It took me a month to achive that result
I strongly advice you to check the work from another user on this board, you can download It from the following link

Inviato dal mio Mi 9 Lite utilizzando Tapatalk

Thanks for your hard work on this, mamu, and thanks for the plug for my library. I know what it took for you to make your flags, and I feel your pain.

It's possible for you share your Blender file for that? I pay a dinner for you :) If not, i'll understand your reason
Honestly, the Blender file won't save you any work. Just exporting again from Blender will just give you the same thing you would get by using my library. If you want to change the flag model in Blender, then you have to do all the work of creating new animations from scratch anyway. For each of the six flag sizes included in my library, I literally started with an empty Blender file. If you want to make your own, there are detailed instructions included in the library to get you started. If all you want to do is use the same flag model that is already in the library, but with different artwork, I included a script in the library that you can use to "repaint" the flags with your own artwork. No need to use Blender at all for that.