Animated Gate

I dld Nick's excellent gate animation tutorial, that's fine I know how to do that now, but it didn't say how to add a frequency to the movement. I've seen Arno's frequency animation tutorial but it's veeeery complicated in my opinion and I just couldn't really understand it well. Are there any example files to download which I could see for myself and learn from there or even a more simple tutorial on this?

Thanks guys

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Have you tried my CAT tool? That allows you to do the tweaks from the frequency controlled animation tutorial with a rather simple GUI. At the moment I am still working on the Fs2004 version, so this only works if you export with the Fs2002 gamepack for now.

arno said:
Have you tried my CAT tool? That allows you to do the tweaks from the frequency controlled animation tutorial with a rather simple GUI. At the moment I am still working on the Fs2004 version, so this only works if you export with the Fs2002 gamepack for now.
Not yet but will sure do :) I still use the fs2002 gamepack as I can't be bothered to learn the new one right now.

I've finished animating my gate but I am getting an error when trying to compile. It says I have a scaled object or something and that happens to 3-4 of the objects in the model. Can't I use the scale button when making an animated object? Is there any other way to bypass this?

Thx

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
You can use the scale button, but you need to reset it later (or something like that). I always forget the name of it, I hope Nick reads this and replies :).