• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Animation (different n. frames)

l52

Hi all

I don't understand :banghead: to solve the problem about the correct number of frames that I must set into Gmax animation when there are many parts of object to move in different n. frames, before to export, to avoid the error in CAT.

anyone can help me?

thanks

Lucio

I'm willing to try lucio, but I didn't understand your question....sounds complicated.

maybe if you write it out clearly, step by step, what your problem is, either I or others can help.

Sorry,
Bob

l52

Ok...sorry.

THis my problem:

I make a model in Gmax with his animation of 100 frames.
The parts of the object have different number of frames (example: the wheels of terminal rounds immediately to right (from 0 to 15th and at 25th frame go straight on..) ..while the other part of the Object ends his animation at 100th frame.

Well...when I go in CAT to compile the MDL file, the program give me error about the "...different number of frames in some object in the animation..."

My question is:
How can I set correctly the Gmax animation parameters to avoid this error?

Thanks

and sorry for my english

Lucio

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi Lucio,

For the parts that do not use the full 100 frames (or which number last frame has) you will have to make sure that they have an additional keyframe at the last frame. Even though they are static for the final part, you will have to set the same condition for the last frame again.

Else GMax will not create code for the full 100 frames and that gives trouble when CAT is inverting the animations.

Hope this helps, or else I will ask Nick to have a look at this. I am sure he can explain better which steps need to be taking in the animation (he wrote the gate animation tutorials).

nickw

Administrator
Staff member
Country
ireland
Arno is right. Basically, you must have a start and end frame for every object otherwise things start to get a bit mental :)

l52

Hi Nickw

...thanks...where can I take a nice texture of Terminal?

thanks

Lucio