• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Animation part in FS9 gmax

Country
italy
Hi I am tryng to archive other animation in my aircraft other than those one who got the tag list.
When i export, on giving another factis name, on the log it appear to be some trouble, here the text:
Model units are 1024.00 units/meter
Sorting by Material...
Optimize Parts...
Welding...
Generate BGL...
ERROR: Animation trigger Butterfly_01 not found, mapped to "userdefined8"
ERROR: Animation trigger Static_air_02 not found, mapped to "userdefined8"
ERROR: Animation trigger ogget00144 not found, mapped to "userdefined8"
ERROR: Animation trigger ogget00140 not found, mapped to "userdefined8"
ERROR: Animation trigger ogget00092 not found, mapped to "userdefined8"
ERROR: Animation trigger ogget00096 not found, mapped to "userdefined8"
Done!

I am also try to reach a full or complate list of animation tag because the list reported on the SDK 2004 in mdl section Pag 14 it dosen't cover everything.
Could you advise me if is it possible and a link for that info my version of makemdl is 9.00.030612.02 is it the last one?.
Thank you

Last edited:
When you make animated aircraft parts using non-standard names you need to define what the animation is based on in the makemdl.parts.xml file. Open this file with notepad or similar text editor and use the many examples to make your own. Just remember, the animated part must have an animation definition section in the makemdl.parts.xml file with the EXACT same name. For more info, check here: WORKING XML Code Library (Parts and Gauges)

Lou

Thank you Firestriker for your help you enlight me a lot.
Now on my log file i get this error wich I think it mean there is too much vertex on my model, I say this because on a previous post I read the maximum value is 65534.
But on the summary is state maybe is for faces and not vertex.
Any one now this?
Sorting by Material...
Optimize Parts...
Welding...
Generate BGL...
Done!
Generate crash tree 1 (264 bytes)
Assembling: C:\Documents and Settings\Simbiosi\Desktop\md-82_no_vc.azm
C:\Documents and Settings\Simbiosi\Desktop\aircarft_no_vc_0.asm(65534) : error A2071: initializer magnitude too large for specified size
DRAW_TRI_BEGIN(2): Macro Called From
C:\Documents and Settings\Simbiosi\Desktop\aircratf_no_vc_0.asm(65534): Include File
C:\Documents and Settings\Simbiosi\Desktop\aircraft_no_vc_0.asm(65534) : error A2071: initializer magnitude too large for specified size

Last edited:
It sounds like you have "Isolated Vertices" in at least one object. The cure is to go through all of your objects and use the "Remove Isolated Verticies" button in the Modify panel. Makemdl does not like verts that are not connected, meaning they are not part of a face.

Lou

I am just going a little bit further for the patience of the forum reader, but maybe can help other like me.
I was tryng to understand why I was having this problem of scale export but I can't find the answer.
I mean I usually import my mesh from another 3D tool and after import it is always X:100 Y:100 Z:100 on scale parameter.
The maximum of the work done in this object is change the axis and animate it but why after several time i get this modification on the scale value i never apply scale tool to my model.
Another crazy matter is the isolated vertex if i have to select at list 1025 object it will take forever, Is there a Gmax script that do this work?
Thank you
Fabrizio

Tonight I was tryng to get into it and not complately shure:
if an object have a duplicate with same name and have an animation get a scale modifier wich cause error.
There is a term on the sdk wich it state
"Part names: Must NOT have trailing "_#". This will be stripped off by makemdl."
but if i have multiple object animated for one particular event:
Example: c_gear there is the main element and hydraulic pump and so on.

So Now after weld point for colocated vertex following this graet guide http://thegreatptmd.tripod.com/exporter/expoerror.htm
I am stuck with this final log without menage to export in mdl
I have try with other model like curtiss_jenny and works fine.
Is it possible to get still the problem due to costum animation wich it dosen't like
makemdl.exe even if i wrote on makemdl.parts.xml a descrition like
<part>
<name>Name_object</name>
<animation>
<parameter>
<code>
(L:Name_object,degrees) 100 *
</code>
<lag>100</lag>
</parameter>
</animation>
</part>
Running model

Start! (C:\Documents and Settings\Simbiosi\Desktop\aircraft_no_vc)
Loading X C:\Documents and Settings\Simbiosi\Desktop\aircraft_no_vc...
Processing...
Model units are 1024.00 units/meter
Sorting by Material...
Optimize Parts...
Welding...
Generate BGL...
Done!
Generate crash tree 1 (264 bytes)
Assembling: C:\Documents and Settings\Simbiosi\Desktop\aircraft_no_vc.azm
C:\Documents and Settings\Simbiosi\Desktop\aircraft_no_vc_0.asm(65534) : error A2054: forced error : value not equal to 0 : 65536
ERRS16(1): Macro Called From
IFMSK(7): Macro Called From
C:\Documents and Settings\Simbiosi\Desktop\aircraft_no_vc_0.asm(65534): Include File
C:\Documents and Settings\Simbiosi\Desktop\aircraft_no_vc_0.asm(65534) : error A2071: initializer magnitude too large for specified size
C:\Documents and Settings\Simbiosi\Desktop\aircraft_no_vc_0.asm(65534): Include File

Last edited:
Back