• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSXA Animation Rendering in FSX is not consistent with Blender

Kekelekou

Resource contributor
Country
france
Hello fellow developers!

I am stuck with an issue with my Blender pelicandrome (airtanker refillstation) project, and I am reaching out to you in order to understand what I am doing wrong.
I posted about it in the Blender subsection , but in spite of the help given we haven't been able to nail the cause of it so far. That is why I am opening a thread in this broader section.

So. The model falls dow into several, independent submodels : the firefighter in charge of opening and closing the valve, the firefighter in charge of moving the hose and connecting it to the airtanker, the guide, the hose, the hose filtering equipment, the trolley, and so on. This is required for the skinned meshes (hose, firefighters) to work.
In order to allow the correct positioning of the hose in relation to the airplane, all submodels translate from Y= -15 (in KF0) to Y = 0 (KF15) to Y = +15 (KF30). These 3 KF are the only ones that are keyed. The interpolation mode is set to all KF as "Linear".

Playing the KF between 0 and 30 in Blender is fine : all submodels translate nicely together at the same pace.

But...

I just can't get the same translation in FSXA (as proven by the pictures below) : the hose runs away between KF0 and KF15, then lags behind between KF15 and KF30.

(The shape of the hose has no impact on its positioning in relation to the filtering equipment, since I tested it with all Lvars changing to match Blender rendering).

I am struggling to find out what is causing this discrepency, so if you think of a possible fix, please share so that I can test it.

Thank you anyway!

FSXvxBlender_KF0.jpg

FSXvxBlender_KF05.jpg

FSXvxBlender_KF10.jpg

FSXvxBlender_KF15.jpg

FSXvxBlender_KF20.jpg

FSXvxBlender_KF25.jpg

FSXvxBlender_KF30.jpg