• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Animations and sounds with static objects

Country
unitedstates
Hey I would like to make a siren, like one of those tornado ones, and place them around the fsx map. I wont to have it spin and be able to play a siren sound that gets weaker as you fly farther from it. I have the siren and the top rotating in gmax and was wondering if i place it in fsx as scenery, will it still spin? If not how do i make it do that and how do i add sound to it and set like a radius to it, so it can only be heard when within that area.

Later I would like to add lights to it, like on some of the radio towers, not sure how to do that, any ides welcome, and also like to have it based on the weather settings, so they aren't playing when it is bright and sunny but when it is very windy and stuff, but these are for after I learn how to get the basics down but any ideas on those are welcome for future reference.

Country
us-utah
With gmax you could easily make it spin, add lights and add an effect that has sound that is set to a radius.

Country
us-utah
Do you have FSX Deluxe or Gold? You have to have that to get the gmax gamepack for FSX. Do you have pics of the siren you would like to create? I might be interested in making one.

Country
unitedstates
I have fsx deluxe, the one that comes with both fsx and the acceleration addon. I currently have the gamepack installed to the gmax folder, forgot if it is sdk2 or the one that is on the acceleration disc.

I was just wanting to start with ones that are common in my area, just do an image search on google for thunderbolt siren and you can find many pics, or, maybe simpler to model, the ones that are like cylinders, sorta like the one here http://soul-amp.blogspot.com/2008/06/audio-recording-of-tornado-warning.html

I was thinging of using the SirenLoop that is included in the sound folder of fsx. I think it is an air-raid siren but I can remove the 'ding'.

Country
us-utah
Here is a little preview.

siren.jpg