• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Annotated AGN Library objects never show in sim ( partially solved )

Deano1973

Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
I have discovered that, for some reason, I am unable to display AGN library objects via the annotator or from Sceneproc scripts. Occasionally, a water tank will appear if placed manually, but all other types of building, factory, office, gas station etc simply does not show up. The scenery are being placed on custom photo-scenery and are all default library objects. The Sceneproc script is below ( just in case any scenery gurus spot any errors although everything compiles perfectly ). I've doubled-checked all the GIS data etc, and as manual placing with the annotator also doesn't work I'm pretty sure Sceneproc isn't at fault here - after running the script a quick glance at the annotator shows all buildings showing normally, but head into the sim and there's nothing there. AGN settings all at maximum in the sim. At a bit of a loss with this one. Have tried different formats ( FSX, P3D ), different areas in case of exclusions, tried chanting and sacrificing goats, all to no avail. There are some references in other forum to drawcall batching being the culprit, but these are default objects so they should show up without issue, right?

Code:
IMPORTOGR|points.shp|*|type|AUTODETECT
ImportOGR|roads.shp|*|type|AUTODETECT
#
SPLITGRID|AGN|*
#
PointToPolygon|type="place_of_worship"|12;12|HDG|String;church|church
PointToPolygon|type="fuel"|12;12|HDG|String;fuel|fuel
PointToPolygon|type="fast_food"|12;12|HDG|String;food|food
PointToPolygon|type="restaurant"|12;12|HDG|String;restaurant|restaurant
#
CreateAGNLibObject|church="church"|{41b78867-4177-f4ee-5289-c4a0c6822622}
CreateAGNLibObject|fuel="fuel"|{5e16a496-4949-3c8a-decd-45819803f359}
CreateAGNLibObject|food="food"|{842f3cf3-45ab-beff-7f37-1caeeee3da2b}
CreateAGNLibObject|restaurant="restaurant"|{90ee2cd2-4c27-0ac1-9e21-a7bc97f1c427}
#
HEADINGFROMNEARESTLINE|type="place_of_worship"|FTYPE="LINE" AND type="residential"|HDG
HEADINGFROMNEARESTLINE|fuel="fuel"|FTYPE="LINE" AND type="residential"|HDG
HEADINGFROMNEARESTLINE|food="food"|FTYPE="LINE" AND type="residential"|HDG
HEADINGFROMNEARESTLINE|restaurant="restaurant"|FTYPE="LINE" AND type="residential"|HDG
#
ExportAGN|P3D v2|D:\SceneryDesign\Special_Buildings_Only

Any ideas or help much appreciated :)

Last edited:
Which simulator is this?
If it is Prepar3d 4.5, I wonder if it is related to this -- https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/add-on-xml-autogen-not-working-for-default-xml.445889/
If any addon you have uses the new add-on.xml ability to merge autogen descriptions, and it includes its own autogen library objects in default.xml, then it may be disabling all other autogen library objects.

Thanks, I'm still on 4.4 as it happens, and this scenery isn't using an add-on.xml. It's very odd though - I can place objects using Instant Scenery in FSX, then bring them over to P3D and they show up fine. Normal autogen such as vegetation and rendered houses / buildings also work fine in the annotator and they show up in the sim. Placing AGN library objects in the annotator works fine too, but once you get in the sim there's nothing there. I can't for the life of me figure out why one should work and not the other.

As a test, I ran my Sceneproc script but exported to BGL instead. The BGL compiled fine, but still nothing visible in the sim - it's got to be something to do with the scenery I'm sure, but at this time I haven't been able to solve it.

First, the issue with add-on.xml autogen can relate to any other developer's descriptions, not just specific to this project. And since the 'new' method began with v4.4, it is still possible that this is the cause.
Second -- I don't think that exporting to BGL would work unless you changed the GUIDs -- the autogen library object GUIDs are specific to the autogen class, whereas each model within a class has its own model GUID. Did you actually change the GUID to an individual object?

First, the issue with add-on.xml autogen can relate to any other developer's descriptions, not just specific to this project. And since the 'new' method began with v4.4, it is still possible that this is the cause.
Second -- I don't think that exporting to BGL would work unless you changed the GUIDs -- the autogen library object GUIDs are specific to the autogen class, whereas each model within a class has its own model GUID. Did you actually change the GUID to an individual object?

Many thanks indeed for this! I altered the GUIDs and it worked! I now have numerous buildings as BGLs showing up on the scenery. I had no idea that these GUIDs would be different, as they're drawn from the same autogen.BGL ( or so I thought ). I will test also with AGN exports but I suspect that won't work.

Back