• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSXA Another Case Of Removing Autogen Buildings

Country
italy
Hi Guys!

Recently I visited FJDG Diego Garcia AB after having installed this free scenery: the scenery is not that bad at all, having photoreal + autogen terrain, an aircraft carrier at anchor and some other nice objects around, but I noticed some default buildings on the runaway and on the aprons.

These do not appear in ADE either in the Original Default Airport or in the Addon Scenery, and so even adding Exclusions did change nothing:

These buildings are actually NOT part of the Default Airport / Stock Data as I did check by loading FJDG, but continue to show up in the Airport area:

As you can cross check in ADE these buildings are actually positioned outside of the default aprons and runaway, but the addon scenery has these aligned to the aerial photos making them stuck in the wrong places, particularly for the building in the middle of the runaway!

Besides placing exclusion rectangles and drawing Exclusions Polys / Airport Background, I even removed the default BGLs (APX67340.bgl) and associated files from the main FSX scenery folder, but still I wasn't able to solve this problem, and so I'm at a loss.

It would be very helpful to understand where they come from: eventually I also have another couple of airports with this same problems: I suspect these addons may not be fully compliant with FSXA, and probably a conversion from FS9 scenery to FSX.

I'd really appreciate if someone can point to an effective way to solve this puzzle!

Last edited:

GHD

Country
england
One of the main problems is that they haven't excluded the default shoreline:

But I don't see any misplaced default buildings.

Do you have another add-on for this area?

Country
italy
The mystery is thickening...
Are you using FSXA?
What Autogen set are you using (mine is set at AUTOGEN_DENSITY=3: Dense while the Scenery Complexity is set at Extremely Dense)?

There is absolutely no other addon for the area, and as I wrote even moving out the default BGLs for the airport would not make the buildings go. Definitely these buildings are present in the Default scenery as well, but the Apron and Runaway are positioned differently, as I wrote.

I did not notice the coastal error, though; I will check it out.

Thanks for checking it.

Last edited:
Country
italy
Oddly enough I don't have the problem with the coastal lines...

Ah yes, have you removed from the scenery folder the default cvx as suggested in the readme?

Last edited:

GHD

Country
england
Ah yes, have you removed from the scenery folder the default cvx as suggested in the readme?

There was no readme and even if there were I would never remove a default file. It is very easy to add an exclusion polygon to remove the default coastlines and flatten.

Country
italy
Updated link in First Message

Sorry!

I corrected the first link to the scenery: I thought it was the same I did actually installed, but since GHD you're writing there actually wasn't any readme file, I checked my archive and found it was made by Tiberius Kowalski, and not by Thomas Kant as I thought.

Apologies GHD!

In any case the Kowalski's readme states

3) got to [Microsoft Flight Simulator X] ---> [Scenery] ---> [0804] ---> [Scenery]

and move file "cvx6734.bgl" to your [DIEGO_GARCIA] folder. You have to move it, not copy it, it has to disappear from that folder because

that's the default waterpoly for this region and we don't need this waterpoly for this scenery.

804 scenery folder contains only a few files while APX67340.bgl include just FJDG.

GHD

Country
england
I downloaded from Flightsim and removed cvx6734 temporarily. Obviously this removed the shorelines.

However, your ADE shows parking spots, there is no parking in the download:

Country
italy
Hello George,
thanks again for your patience: yes, in my attempt to eliminate the building from the runaway after designing exclusions etc. I added parking spots, hangars and a few objects too, besides changing the apron and runaway material to coral...

Do you have them buildings now?