• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Anti-aliasing in MCX

I have not worked with MCX for a long time, and now at startup I realized that when switching to a new engine somewhere, anti-aliasing was "lost". Previously, in the Nvidia control panel, it was enough to set forced anti-aliasing to make the ladders disappear. Now this method has stopped working.
Perhaps there is some other way to make the image look closer to 2021?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

I am not familiar with all the options that graphics drivers offer, but the OpenGL code in ModelConverterX does use anti-aliasing. Can you maybe show a screenshot of the effect you try to reduce?

For example, this screenshot. Broken mesh line, ragged wing edges, intermittent thin lines.
2021-06-13_163440.png

Found an old screenshot, it used to be like this:
Aerosoft F-16AM 120-9-12-370-131-33 NOR-1.png

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
The way I understand it, from within the control panel, you want to force anti-aliasing per application. In other words, have the anti-aliasing controlled by the application (MCX).

I used the NV control panel, since MCX itself did not provide any options for antialiasing control. This was the only method for getting a smooth image, and it also completely anti-aliased transparent textures like mesh fences. But now even this method has stopped working. Of course, it would be great if anti-aliasing could be controlled directly from MCX, and not use third-party applications.

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
The control panel though is only controlling the viewing of - not the texturing process