• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Anyone know if the MSFS Steam version can be installed on the same PC with MS Store without conflicts?

• Thread starter Deleted member 12505
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 12505

I can spend the $60 to find out, but thought I'd ping here first.

Cheers, Rob.

Hi Rob:

Which version do you already have installed ? :scratchch

AFAIK, one can just use the $ 1.00 USD Game Pass for MS-Store on a Montly basis rather than spending on a basic version of MSFS-2020. :idea:

GaryGB

D

Deleted member 12505

I have the MS Store version (the Pro version) installed on two computers ... another PC is dedicated to other tasks and I need to check file pathing differences in the Steam version and test some other functionality out ... I think I might be able to use my Laptop as it meets min spec. My primary concern was not so much the cost but any potential conflicts with having both MS Store and Steam version installed on one PC?

Cheers, Rob.

Rob, do I understand correctly that you bought the standalone version from the MS Store only once but installed it on two different PCs? I didn't even know that was possible. So I just need to login to my MS store account on the second computer and download it again there? I'm asking because I'd like to do some scenery development on my laptop not on my sim PC because the latter one is residing in our attic and part of a home cockpit setup which makes it uncomfortable to do development there.

Cheers, Fabian

D

Deleted member 12505

Follow the white rabbit:
MS Store Terms of Sale
add SALT
Standard Application License Terms
and more rules
Usage Rules for Digital Goods

If there are more "terms" let me know ... there are some conflicts that Microsoft probably should address specifically around SDK and commercial use ... and the usual "Not Sold, but licensed" (aka we don't own it).

I haven't tried to operate both MS Store instances at the same time on two different computers but my hunch based on the above is that shouldn't be a problem under "HOME" conditions ... how else would we test out multiplayer for our add-on content that leverages the feature?

I'll probably end up buying a Steam version also for my laptop ... I don't know the Steam terms and how they operate with or beyond MS terms. Other Steam games I've used in the past operate independently, some are single instance some allow multi-instances on the same local network.

Cheers, Rob.