• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

apron flashes....why?

Country
greece
hello there,
i manage to make an arpron ,put it inside fsx ,but i have one small prob.
it flashes when you see it from above ,why does that happens?

regards
moraitis vaggelis

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

How did you make the apron?

Country
greece
i made it with g max as(box ,planar ) then mdl and then compile it with library creator and finally with ade9 put it inside fsx

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

You will see that most people use the FS2002 techniques to make ground polygons. They can be given correct layers, so that they interact correctly with the ground.

For small polygons you can use FSX MDL files, if you put the polygons a few cm above the ground. But that does not always work for bigger polygons. Those bigger polygons would have to be adjusted for the curve of the earth as well.

You can take a look at ModelConverterX. The latest version comes with a wizard to convert your MDL object into FS2002 style ground polygons.

Country
greece
hello there again,
i m greatfull for your answers.
i realised that without fs2002 gamepack i couldnt do anything ,so i bought it.
i think that i may not install it right 'couse when i try to make the bgl with gmax i get an error ( see picture ).what m i doing wrong?
the mdl is though to it's place (inside the plugin folder)

ps
i run win7,gmax 1.2 ,sdk fsx acceleration and want to make a ground polygon
for fsx.

regards
moraitis vaggelis

Attachments

• MWSnap018 2011-02-21, 18_24_00.jpg
    MWSnap018 2011-02-21, 18_24_00.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 443
  • MWSnap019 2011-02-21, 18_24_15.jpg
    MWSnap019 2011-02-21, 18_24_15.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 340

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

Is your decimal character set to dot?

Btw, if you use my ModelConverterX tool you don't need the FS2002 gamepack anymore. It can process FSX MDL files and create the FS2002 style BGL files using SCASM.

Country
greece
i think i found out what was wrong. when i used flightsimx material it couldnt be complied, and when i did it with standard it did it.
now ,about your model converter how can this be done?
i also noticed that i can not see the bgl i ve made with it(using the fs2002 sdk to buld it.)

regards
moraitis vaggelis

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

The FS2002 gamepack indeed does not understand FSX materials, they only work with the FSX gamepack.

Do you mean that the BGL file you made now does not show up? Did you apply the ASM tweak to make the polygons proper ground polygons already?

ModelConverterX gives you an alternative approach. In that case you can just export them using the FSX gamepack as a MDL file. Then you use the ground polygon wizard in ModelConverterX to load the MDL file. In the wizard you can indicate for each texture at which layer it should be. The tool will then create a BGL file in the FS2002 gamepack style for you.