Apron

Using ADE, when you load a FS9 Airport, into FSX, ADE. you sometimes get a message saying, there are more then 254 aprons, compile will fail.

What are considered "Aprons"? In my years in the air force I always considered the asphalt skirt on either side of the concrete taxiway, the apron.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
The definition is an apron as defined by the SDK. So anything drawn as an apron will be counted as an apron. In practical terms in an FS airport aprons are used for many purposes. Sometimes under runways to provide a runway margin and of course as the aircraft parking area. Some designers use them to represent other things such as roads or parking lots or areas of grass so there can be a lot of them. Some designers use a lot of small aprons others one or two large ones.
#

Last edited:
Extremely helpful, am trying to load RPLC in afcad format, into ADE, Everything works except the compile.

It says The apron count at this airport exceeds 254. The compile will fail.
I have deleted all the taxiway and runway, what I called aprons, now that I see that the 'Aprons" weren't causing the error, What is it talking about?
I have attached the bgl, plus the Afcad with all modifications high lighted, hope this helps.

Attachments

Extremely helpful, am trying to load RPLC in afcad format, into ADE, Everything works except the compile.

It says The apron count at this airport exceeds 254. The compile will fail.
I have deleted all the taxiway and runway, what I called aprons, now that I see that the 'Aprons" weren't causing the error, What is it talking about?
I have attached the bgl, plus the Afcad with all modifications high lighted, hope this helps.

Runways and Taxiways are not aprons. The airport you are working with shows that it has a total of 286 Aprons. ADE9 shows a red bar in the lower left which means this airport is not going to compile.

I have highlited just 1 of what FS considers a apron in the picture. The thought was to use the aprons as asphalt fillers between taxiway parking spots. This causes many aprons to be used. A single apron could have been used from end to end of all the taxiway parking spots. The large concrete and asphalt parking areas are also aprons (not in my picture).

tgibson

Resource contributor
Hi,

Yes, you always have to think about how things are going to layer and thus use the minimum number of such aprons. As Jim says, since the concrete taxiways will lie on top of any aprons, a single asphalt apron could have been used under the entire area.