• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Asking for Help with SAMM

Status
Not open for further replies.

gadgets

Resource contributor
If you are having trouble converting a particular aircraft and want help, please do the following before posting.

1. Run SAMM as Administrator and try again. (If you've installed either SAMM, FlightSim or the SDKs on your C: drive and you are using Vista or Win7, Windows will only allow administrators to access some of the files SAMM needs.)
  2. If that doesn't help, attempt to convert the stock FS9 B737 or the FSX A312 and check it in the viewer. If that/those aircraft convert correctly then the problem is likely either the aircraft or your computer configuration.
  3. Check that the aircraft you are attempting to convert displays properly as either a user aircraft (use one of FlightSims external viewing options) or as an AI aircraft.
Please identify the aircraft with which you are having difficulty and, if it's not a stock aircraft, include a link to it in your post. Without it, there's little I'll be able to do.

Please note, finger-trouble is not an infrequent cause of difficulty - especially with inexperienced users. So, before calling for help, please review the sections of the User Manual related to your difficulty.

Finally, as noted in the User Manual, "While I do want to know about problem aircraft, please do not ask me for help adjusting/ presetting animation parameters or otherwise troubleshooting individual aircraft."

Don

Virtavia Hunter Problem

I apologise up front if you have already answered this type of question but I can't find any post that deals with it.

I am having great fun with SAMM but I have found that when trying to place the Virtavia Hunter, using ADE, the pilot figure appears suspended above the fusalage of the aircraft. The aircraft itself is reproduced perfectly.

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated as the Virtavia version of this great aircraft is the only one that I have found that works with your programme.

Many thanks.

gadgets

Resource contributor
As mentioned in the user manual and numerous posts, SAMM uses default settings when converting aircraft.

If an aircraft doesn't convert, it's because the designer implemented the particular missing or misplaced part in a non-standard or otherwise unusual way.

There are several pages in the user manual devoted to troubleshooting and potentially correcting such issues - but you're going to have to get familiar with aircraft design techniques if you want to investigate.

Don

Hi,

I tried to make an static FSX airplane from this amazing flying model:http://migsim.ic.cz/emefka.html
Then happened two problems. First:Some parts missing on aircraft
And other one: The airplane shows up with the afterburners running.

Help me somehow....I need the static model of this airplane....

Last edited:

gadgets

Resource contributor
Please read the post immediately before yours. Despite the warning you received when you attempted to convert this (very complex) aircraft, it looks OK.

It is not clear from the screenshot what it is you find wrong. As for the afterburners, yes, they are on. But SAMM has warned you about the complexity of the model. If you investigate this aspect of the aircraft with the tools provided, you may be able to turn them off.

If you feel you can't use the SAMM-generated static model, try programming it as AI (but there will be lots more overhead.)

Don

Please read the post immediately before yours. Despite the warning you received when you attempted to convert this (very complex) aircraft, it looks OK.

It is not clear from the screenshot what it is you find wrong. As for the afterburners, yes, they are on. But SAMM has warned you about the complexity of the model. If you investigate this aspect of the aircraft with the tools provided, you may be able to turn them off.

If you feel you can't use the SAMM-generated static model, try programming it as AI (but there will be lots more overhead.)

Don

Thanx for reply.

I refreshed the picture for better understanding...

Yes i saw the warning but i thought there is some way to fix it...:(

gadgets

Resource contributor
As explained in the manual, aircraft developers have a great deal of flexibility in their designs. On the other hand, SAMM uses default values in its conversion. If the developer did something unusual (even if legitimate), SAMM may not be able to cope and, in this case, clearly can't.

The two missing parts must be only conditionally displayed. If you examine the aircraft listing and the parameter lists, you may be able to determine what is the condition and override it. Otherwise, you'll have to live with the deficiencies.

Don

As explained in the manual, aircraft developers have a great deal of flexibility in their designs. On the other hand, SAMM uses default values in its conversion. If the developer did something unusual (even if legitimate), SAMM may not be able to cope and, in this case, clearly can't.

The two missing parts must be only conditionally displayed. If you examine the aircraft listing and the parameter lists, you may be able to determine what is the condition and override it. Otherwise, you'll have to live with the deficiencies.

Don

Ok. Thank you very mouch.

Status
Not open for further replies.