• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

ASM preventing autogen from ground polygon PROBLEM

mskhan1991

Resource contributor
Country
pakistan
So I made a custom landclass, using sbuilder9

Then applied ground polygons and this resulted in autogen disappearing due to big size of the polygons.

I tried the "SCALE_AGL OBJECT_0_RETURN, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0" tweak

Had the issued resolved for autogen but now I am getting textures bleed through from the custom ground polygons and greater in areas where the land rises from the default landclass. I've tried flattening/afcad but to no use.

Any help would be appreciated.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

Is this for fsx or fs2004?

mskhan1991

Resource contributor
Country
pakistan
this is for FS2004. This is really making me mad. Secondly the polygons are in editable mesh form in Gmax and not poly, does that affect the polygons?

sorry for the late reply i was admitted in hospital.

mskhan1991

Resource contributor
Country
pakistan
here is the code:
;compile with BGLC /BGL J:\Scenery Making\BGL 9\Doha_1.asm
header label word
dw 0001 ; 00 World set number
dd 0002AF2A6H ; 02 North bound
dd 0002AB92EH ; 06 South bound
dd 024AB201CH ; 10 East bound
dd 024AB201AH ; 14 West bound
dw 20 dup(0)
dd (offset OBJECT_DATA) - (offset header)
dw 33 dup(0)

OBJECT_DATA label word
db 21 ;;LATBAND_REL
dw 0155Ch ;;lat min (inclusive) 512M units
dw 0157Ah ;;lat max (exclusive)
dd (offset OBJECT_0) - (offset OBJECT_DATA)
db 0 ;;EOL
OBJECT_0 label BGLCODE
db 12 ; NEAR_FAR_HUGE_OBJECT_HEADER
dd 0002AD5EAh,024AB201Bh ; latitude,longitude
db 100 ; image power
dd (offset OBJECT_0_END) - (offset OBJECT_0)
OBJECT_0_START label word
ADDCAT OBJECT_0_SCALE, 4
OBJECT_0_FAIL label BGLCODE
BGL_JUMP_32 OBJECT_0_END
OBJECT_0_SCALE label BGLCODE
SCALE_AGL OBJECT_0_RETURN, 30000, 7356, 131072, 0002AD5EAh, 0853Ah, 024AB201Bh, 07010h, 0, 0
INSTANCE_CALL OBJECT_0_BEGIN, 0, 0, 0F05Bh
SCALE_AGL OBJECT_0_RETURN, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
OBJECT_0_RETURN label word
BGL_RETURN
OBJECT_0_BEGIN label word
model_outside label BGLCODE
model_shadow label BGLCODE

LOD_0 label BGLCODE
BGL_JUMP_32 LOD_0L

model_inside label BGLCODE
BGL_RETURN
LOD_0L label BGLCODE
include J:\Scenery Making\BGL 9\Doha_1_0.asm

OBJECT_0_END label word
EOF

and here is the result

FS92012-09-1823-47-20-75.jpg

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
this is for FS2004. This is really making me mad. Secondly the polygons are in editable mesh form in Gmax and not poly, does that affect the polygons?

No, the mode in gmax does not matter. A polygon in the bgl is a polygon.

It is a long time ago that I made scenery for fs2004, I would have to look up again what the restrictions of the autogen tweak were. At first sight you applied it correctly. I'll check later, I am not behind my flightsim pc at the moment.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

I forgot to be honest.

How big is your bgl file? I have seen before that some tweaks only work on files that are not too big.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

Your code seems fine. I would try it first with less polygons, maybe only export part of the airport and see if that works.

mskhan1991

Resource contributor
Country
pakistan
i tried flattening the surface around the airport but to no use. I used only one layer but it seems that little hills are coming in between the runway area but when I press ctrl+s i can see the whole area has the problem. here a screen shot;

Untitled-1_zps68c46d56.jpg

mskhan1991

Resource contributor
Country
pakistan
it doesnt happen with the default landclass, it happens only when i use sbuilder created landclass, excludes, flattens etc

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

I am a bit confused, are we discussing a flatten problem here or a problem with autogen not showing? A flatten has no influence on autogen showing.

mskhan1991

Resource contributor
Country
pakistan
the problem i dont think rests with the asm tweaking, it has something to do with the sbuilder flatten. the shimmering is gone but the remaining part is of flatten and if you could help me on that, it would be grateful. btw, the solution to shimmering was not to use layer numbers 8,16,20 and 24......!