• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v4 Asoft Huey_X: How to adjust contact points (skids)

Country
germany
Hi everybody,

I wonder if I run a chance to adjust the contact points of my AS Huey to let the helicopter lower its tail a bit (no 2). On the shot you also can see that the skids are not completely aligned to the horizontal direction (backside a little more up than the front side no 1).
In comparison to some pics of the Huey, the real heli tail seems indeed to be inclined a little more downwards:

AS-Huey:

Original helicopter:

I would like to know if someone can give me a hint which parameter I have to adjust for this inside the aircraft.cfg and if this is possible generally?

hairyspin

Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
The section is clearly marked as [contact points] in the config. Could you post it here and we’ll have a squint, since I don’t have the heli?

Country
germany
Thank you! Of course, here is the section:

Too many numbers to me, too less knowing a thing about it....:cool:

hairyspin

Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Okay, the adjustments need done to values in the set marked //Landing skids.

Points 0 and 1 are type 2 (first number in each line) so they’re Scrape points - the front tips of each skid. Nothing to do here.

Points 2 and 3 are type 3 so these are Skid points and are the points the heli settles on when landed. Same goes for points 4 and 5

The list of numbers starts with contact point type, then longtitudinal position (front/back), lateral position (left/right), vertical position (up/down) and the rest you needn’t worry about here. Points 2 and 3 have a longtitudinal value of 6.70 feet and points 4 and 5 have a longtitudinal value of -2.40 feet, so points 4 and 5 are the rear skid points. and are 9.1 feet back from the front ones.

For points 4 and 5 you want to raise the vertical position value a whisker. This is -7.21 for both of these rear skid points, so start by raising the value to -7.10 (about 1.3 inches) and see how that goes. It won’t take a lot of adjustment.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Country
germany
Fantastic - thanks a lot! Will do some experiments with this this evening.
Those were too many hieroglyphs to me....

Country
germany
Not a big step for mankind, but for me it's a small step closer to reality...(although I may be the only one who is interested in :cool:...)

Thank you, Tom. I could adjust the issue by small steps, now only about 2 inches (more will not work unfortunately because now the skids height is designed into the model...). I am satisfied nevertheless.