Assigning animations and exporting error

I am trying to assign unknown animations in an x-plane model (.obj) via the animation editor so it would write into the modeldef.xml and eventually export it to .mdl. I got an Invalid section length for section GEAR error. I know MCX current doesn't support xplane animations to be converted to .mdl...

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

Such an error sounds like an invalid mdl. Most likely a mistake in the modeldef.xml file. Did you make a new entry there?

Hi Arno,

I assigned the animation to the .obj file and it auto added the entry into modeldef.xml. During the export it throws the error as well.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Not sure what you mean with assigned it in the obj file, animation support from obj file is quite limited. Can you explain a bit more what you did?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Ah, you assign them in the animation editor, not in the OBJ file. That makes sense.

Which XtoMdl version are you using and which modeldef.xml? As long as you use the default animations I would not expect issues.

Can you show the export log as well?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Did you assign all animations or are there still unknown ones as well in your model?

I've tried both, assign all animations and assigning just 1 and the results are the same. It looks like the error happened on the import of the .mdl file and not export anymore.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
But the import error must be because something went wrong with the export and resulted in a corrupt mdl file.

Would it be possible to share your file for testing?