P3D v2 Autogen Editor and Region problem

Hi

Anyone seen this problem? I'm adding a new autogen class.
  1. I copy default.xml from Autogen folder in Prepar3D folder into SDK Environment autogen folder.
  2. I run Autogen Editor.
  3. It opens a dialog of "Validation Features" listing every region (for REVXLIB1, REVXLIB2, and 3) with a Warning Region is missing
  4. After that the program functions OK and it appears I can create a new class with objects.
  5. However, when attempting to save I get the same warnings but the save appears to fail
Anyone know why I'm getting the missing regions warning? Should I be concerned? And just what are the REVXLIBx files?

Is this also seen in the FSX SDK? Does it make a difference for anyone?

ian

Ian, what add-ons do you have installed?
Basically FSUIPC, Megascenery in USA, UTX, VFR photo-real in UK and, yes, I recently installed RevolutionX - REVX1, REVX2, REVX3 any coincidence with the naming do you think? Most interesting and I hadn't made the connection...

Thanks!

By the way, the warnings make no difference - the tool still works.

Did you install RevolutionX into P3D and if so how? I think RevX makes changes to default.xml because it makes a backup called default.rxback on installation.

To experiment, I did install RevX into P3D and JustFlight VFR scenery. Simple to do - can't remember if I had to tweak anything. Works a treat. I see the backed up xml but not clear what differences there are - I'm investigating.

Of course! The answer is that RevolutionX doesn't change default.xml to include its new object library classes in all Regions - only those relevant for the UK - hence the warning messages. It's the same issue with my own for North America but actually it's not an issue because it loads and saves perfectly well.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
I think it makes sense to add the objects only to the region where you will use them. Apparently Annotator thinks not so :)