P3D v4 Autogen for Germany

Hello everyone!

First of all: A happy new year!

I've been working on a "small" project for a few weeks now. After ORBX provided an excellent Photoreal scenery with TrueEarth Netherlands, I thought I could create something like this for Germany.
First I wrote a program around @Kelvin Richardson's tool, which can create the photo scenery complete with seasons, water masks and blendmasks.
In the second step I wrote a program based on ArcGIS which creates the input data for ScenProc from OpenStreetMap data, CORINE landcover data, digital elevation models and some other data.

For whole Germany I assume a size of approx. 350 GB, with 1 m/px aerial photos and 3 seasons.

Unfortunately I won't publish the photoscenery, just for licensing reasons.
But I will provide the autogen for download.

DOWNLOADLINKS for the autogen files:
http://www.fsxforum.de/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=19063

But now a few pictures:
First of all: 3 Seasons:

Around the Amper north of the Munich Airport:

Passau, where the Donau (Danube), Inn and Ilz flow into each other:

A bit more in the north of Bavaria:

And in the very north of Bavaria, the "Bayerische Röhn"

And yet another picture, where you can see very well the different types of forest:

Last edited:

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Looks really nice. Which tree models are you using?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
I already thought it looked better than the default textures. Maybe I should get some improved textures myself :)

The indicated resource by Matthias is no more downlodable ( error 404).
If an admin can resolve this anoying problem ? Thanks

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
The indicated resource by Matthias is no more downlodable ( error 404).
If an admin can resolve this anoying problem ? Thanks
That's not something I can fix. From the resources it is linked to a Google drive of the author of the tool. It seems it has been removed/moved there. So @Kelvin Richardson would have to fix this.

Thank you all very much!

First of all: Yes, I am planning to create this autogen also for other countries, like Belgium. (France maybe, but maybe not. There is already a great version of FranceVFR covering France with scenery and autogen).

The autogen works just with photoreal sceneries and contains just default-GUIDs for maximum compatibility. So no, it is not a replacement for the ORBX Global/openLC-Autogen.

I meants, Making a full France Photoreal with Autogen (personal use) but anyway, your Germany "TrueEarth" like scenery is amazing, congratz