P3D v4 Autogen for Germany

Hello everybody!

Sorry that I haven't shown any pictures for some time.
That's because I reworked my script to create the photo scenery.
The advantage: My new script runs about three times faster than the old one!

It won't be long before pictures arrive! Promised!

With that in mind:
Have a nice weekend everyone!

Thank you all very much, I'll do my best!

To be honest, I don't want to compete with ORBX at all.
I actually only started the "Germany Photoreal" project because I found the approaches to German airports somehow too... monotonous. And with ORBX Germany the performance impact was to big to fly with the FSL above Germany...

I'm sure ORBX could do better, especially since they don't need data to place the trees. I don't have this option simply because I
a) don't have the processing power and
b) don't have the time to color correct the satellite images, which would be necessary...

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Oh, my talent is not so big, I just know how to use my GIS-software... :p
And as long as I don't have to create models, the result is usually also usable...
Those pictures are amazing!
Could you write some tutorials how to do that for us?
In Asia, it is hard to find the GIS data. There is no information to do autogen. So, is it possible to do by photoscenery alone?

Last edited:
Picture number 9 looks VERY familiar. And I can just about spot the part of town that I used to live in.
That sounds great, I was not sure if the cities up there look like I think they have to look... :D

Those pictures are amazing!
Could you write some tutorials how to do that for us?
In Asia, it is hard to find the GIS data. There is no information to do autogen. So, is it possible to do by photoscenery alone?
Hm, Tutorial... Quite difficult, because for each area it is a slight different approach.

You're right, for Asia there is nearly no data available.
Beside the Germany-Project I am writing scripts to create autogen for Africa (which is like Asia very difficult). I am trying to detect the vegetation from the satellite images (what is very difficult because of the quite bad satellite images free available).
The bigger problem are the building footprints, I haven't found a solution yet. But I am working on it! :cool:

That sounds great, I was not sure if the cities up there look like I think they have to look... :D

Hm, Tutorial... Quite difficult, because for each area it is a slight different approach.

You're right, for Asia there is nearly no data available.
Beside the Germany-Project I am writing scripts to create autogen for Africa (which is like Asia very difficult). I am trying to detect the vegetation from the satellite images (what is very difficult because of the quite bad satellite images free available).
The bigger problem are the building footprints, I haven't found a solution yet. But I am working on it! :cool:
If you crack the Africa thing it would simply be amazing as there is so little accurate scenery available for Africa. A month back flying from Amsterdam to Sao Paulo in real world the route passed more than a thousand kilometers more to the East than on normal flights and we flew over Sahara all the way down to Dakar... it sparked curiosity to see the same at lower altitude...

Well, you should definitely try to get a hold on some more landmarks. The city in question, for example misses all its (huge) churches.
Oh, unfortunately I have far too little talent in modelling...

If you crack the Africa thing it would simply be amazing as there is so little accurate scenery available for Africa. A month back flying from Amsterdam to Sao Paulo in real world the route passed more than a thousand kilometers more to the East than on normal flights and we flew over Sahara all the way down to Dakar... it sparked curiosity to see the same at lower altitude...
Since I visited Africa last August, I am working on a good version of Africa. The vegetation is one of the problems (the smaller one. I think i have a solution for that).
The bigger problem are the building footprints. But today I found a sotware, which might solve also this issue. Has anyone already heard of "Digibati"?
http://www.gaiddon-software.com/en/digibati/

Might I show you a few pictures of a "little" project I did last year?