• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS2004 Autogen Hack - What's the latest?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

The trick of having an empty reference point (SCALE) command at the end seems to work best. Although it also does not seem to have 100% guarantee rate.

Hello,

I had more success witht he INSTANCE_CALL command, that worked perfect.

Now my FS2002 gmax poly export no longer eliminates the autogen, but...

...and there's always a but...

...now my FS2004 gamepack MDL placed with XML coding also eliminates some autogen, is there a way to remove its "bounding box" too? The object is a compilation of buildings something like 200m x 600m so it seems autogen within 600x600m is missing.

Any tips for this kind of autogen hack?

Kindly,

Blazer

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

I did not see you were asking about FS2004 :), in FSX the INSTANCE_CALL tweak does not seem to work anymore.

Removing the bounding box from the MDL will most likely give you dissappearing objects, so I would not advice that. The best is to make each object their own MDL object, so that the autogen exclusion is minimized.

Hi Arno,

Actually I use a bit of both: FS9 for the heavies and FSX for the low and slow.

This project will probably be on both.

Ok, so INSTANCE_CALL will not work on FSX, but will the other trick work there, the one with SCALE_AGL or something to that effect?

As for the MDL one you are right. I'll split the export into "squares" so I get the bounding box I need and nothing more.

Kindly,

Blazer

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

Ok, so INSTANCE_CALL will not work on FSX, but will the other trick work there, the one with SCALE_AGL or something to that effect?

Yes, the SCALE tweak seems to work in most cases in FSX.

Country
us-florida
I have just found out, don't know if others have, but if you export your ground polys with FS2002 sdk with a heading of 000 it won't eliminate autogen.

But its great, works for both FS2004 and FSX.

hcornea

Resource contributor
Country
australia
Roland, ar you sure it's not simply that the bounding box lines up with your N-S or E-W runway and hence minimises agn loss.

I say this having exported GPs with heading zero before, but having had agn suppression.

Sent with Tapatalk for iPhone

Country
us-florida
Roland, ar you sure it's not simply that the bounding box lines up with your N-S or E-W runway and hence minimises agn loss.

I say this having exported GPs with heading zero before, but having had agn suppression.

Sent with Tapatalk for iPhone

Well from early tests that's the outcome. I noticed because I wanted to try the INSTANCE CALL tweak and I found that the polygons exported with 000 do not contain the area on which to place the INSTANCE CALL tweak, whils the others which have something else than 000 do contain the section to put the instance call tweak.
perhaps Arno could clariy why wouldn't polys exported with 000 have the INSTANCE CALL section and the others do?

and by AGN I mean custom made AGN not default.

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Hello,

now my FS2004 gamepack MDL placed with XML coding also eliminates some autogen, is there a way to remove its "bounding box" too? The object is a compilation of buildings something like 200m x 600m so it seems autogen within 600x600m is missing.

Blazer
I'm not sure I understand you right that your mdl's in FS2004 are suppressing autogen. If that's the case, here is the solution.
It is simple to solve that autogen suppression problem.
First you need to know the height of the terrain in that area by using TDcalc2004.
Second, you put that height to the XML alt="xxxM" and change the altitudeIsAgl="FALSE". Your model will not suppress autogen any more. But if you use photoscenery, make sure that you don't put the tree under that building or model since it will not be eliminated at all.
Please take a look at my Chieng Mai City.
MedCMU.jpg

ChiengmaiCity.jpg

These two buildings are quite big and the trees surrounding them are no suppressed by this method.
You need to add flatten if that area is not flat. So you building will no float.

Last edited:
Country
us-florida
I'm not sure I understand you right that your mdl's in FS2004 are suppressing autogen. If that's the case, here is the solution.
It is simple to solve that autogen suppression problem.
First you need to know the height of the terrain in that area by using TDcalc2004.
Second, you put that height to the XML alt="xxxM" and change the altitudeIsAgl="FALSE". Your model will not suppress autogen any more. But if you use photoscenery, make sure that you don't put the tree under that building or model since it will not be eliminated at all.
Please take a look at my Chieng Mai City.
MedCMU.jpg

ChiengmaiCity.jpg

These two buildings are quite big and the trees surrounding them are no suppressed by this method.
You need to add flatten if that area is not flat. So you building will no float.

Hi,
is not FS2004 sdk is the FS2002 sdk when you use the makemdl8 to export.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

I am not sure if the INSTANCE_CALL really makes the difference. I always export with heading 0 from GMax, but still I have had autogen being removed. I am afraid it is still a more complex issue.

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
I'm sorry that I thought he was speaking about FS2004 mdl suppressing autogen.

Blazer said:
I had more success witht he INSTANCE_CALL command, that worked perfect.

Now my FS2002 gmax poly export no longer eliminates the autogen,

He said that he has successfully work with INSTANCE_CALL. But those answers are about adding INSTANCE_CALL to the code of FS2002 groundpoly.

Blazer said:
...now my FS2004 gamepack MDL placed with XML coding also eliminates some autogen, is there a way to remove its "bounding box" too? The object is a compilation of buildings something like 200m x 600m so it seems autogen within 600x600m is missing.

He was saying about FS2004 mdl placed with XML code eliminate autogen a wide area since he had buildings complex around 200m x 600 m.

I though I understood what he would like to ask, still confusing!. If I'm wrong please tell me.

Country
us-florida
Hi,

I am not sure if the INSTANCE_CALL really makes the difference. I always export with heading 0 from GMax, but still I have had autogen being removed. I am afraid it is still a more complex issue.

Thanks Arno, then it must be something complex occurring. thanks!