• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSXA autogen houses without walls, they just have roofs!

Country
germany
Hi all,
I realized since a few days that my autogen houses only show roofs but now walls. I did not really do anything to FSX I think so I have no idea where this comes from. Does anyone have an idea of what might cause this?
thanks a bunch

aereo

When you say 'my autogen houses', do you mean something you've made?
Only thing I can think of is that if you make your own replacement autogen house textures, you need to include a night texture otherwise you'll get invisible walls.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Yes, I also suspect there is a custom autogen texture without a night texture present.

Country
germany
Hi, I checked and all autogen have night textures in DDS format as well. By the way, these are not my textures, I have just placed some autogen houses on a photoscenery.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
And you didn't not assign a specific texture when you placed the houses in Annotator?

Can't think of another reason the walls are missing at the moment.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Can you attach one of the AGN files you made else? Maybe we can spot something from it.

Country
germany
Hi, how do i attach a file here on the forum?. I use Mega Sao Paulo FSX from Paulo Ricardo, but the attached I did by myself

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Just zip one AGN file and then use the "Upload a file" button to add it to your reply.

Country
germany
Hi Arno, here is the file.
thanks for your help

Attachments

• 030201101303303an.zip
    323 bytes · Views: 183

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

Thanks, I'll take a look.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

I had a look at hte AGN file, but I don't see anything weird. One thing you might want to check is if you have some very narrow (almost zero width) buildings, they sometimes give issues.

GHD

Country
england
They display ok here:

Do you have any ORBX scenery installed? They modify RoofDescriptions.spb

Country
germany
no, I do not have ORBX installed but I will try something now and let you know later. I might have an idea here.

Country
germany
I just checked a different location in FSX (Bremen, Germany) and all autogen seems to be fine there. I am having the problem in Brazilian cities. I have Paulo Ricardo's Mega Sao Paulo installed, that is it in Brazil.

Country
unitedstates
So now you mention that it is in a particular area, where there sits a particular add on product. How are people suppose to offer any type of help, if you go and omit relevant data?

Stop messing around with it and contact the developer of the product, confess to your sins against his scenery and ask him for some help. Maybe he's got some additional entries for a file that "somehow" have gotten overlooked.

Who knows how big of a hole you've dug there? And yet you bump a thread expecting help, all while offering no help to those who have replied.

Country
germany
my friend, it was not my intention to "mess" around and I just figured some things thrughout the post and its replies for which I am very thankfull by the way!! I have already mentioned which add on I use further up in the post. Thanks for all your qualified help here, hopefully I will get to a solution.