Autogen scenery problem

The Airport Design Editor is a magnificent contribution to the FSX community! Thanks for making this program available for all of us. I tried to add a grass apron where there is a hangar at P45 (Mt Pleasant-Scottdale Airport). The grass apron appeared but the hangar is still there on top of the apron. Is there any way ADE can eliminate the FSX hangar? I would eventually like to put a more realistic hangar in its place.
Thanks

hello Steel61

Removing autogen is not within the scope of ADE Home Edition.

That is all planned for in the up and coming Pro Version. Presently you will have to use a exclude or build a new cvx bgl to remove any autogen that stays in the way of your new apron.

Just give us some additional time to tweak on ADE Home Edition and work toward a much more powerful ADE Pro Edition.

A Different But Related Question

Similar to the question above, when I try to realign how the jetways, parking spaces, and gates are located based on satelite imagery, they no longer make sense because FSX keeps the default airport terminal/building location. Is there a way to move the terminal location as well using ADE?

If not, how would you recommend making changes to the jetways, parking spaces, etc.?

Thanks.

BK

Both terminal buildings and hangars are in the default OB*** file. They can be easily removed with a simple exclusion rectangle in xml. The difficulty is replacing them. I use the payware program Instant Scenery which allows one to place and orient default buildings (and other library objects) whilst viewing in FSX.

Here is an example of EGNJ showing the default followed by the modified version. The aprons, taxiways and runways were created in ADE with the help of an AIP chart and FSX screenshot as background images. The default buildings were removed with simple exclusion rectangles and new default terminal and hangars were inserted with Instant Scenery:

George

Last edited:
Similar to the question above, when I try to realign how the jetways, parking spaces, and gates are located based on satelite imagery, they no longer make sense because FSX keeps the default airport terminal/building location. Is there a way to move the terminal location as well using ADE?
No, not to my knowledge at the present time as was said.

The way I do it, is first determine what type of airport building I am dealing with. It is either:
1) a Generic Building, or
2) a Scenery Object
3) autogen or park object**(see below)

I determine this by either "looking" (I can often tell by looking if an airport building is a Generic Building or a Scenery Object), or by decompiling the stock OBX file that contains the airport I'm working on.

Either way, you exclude those stock buildings using an ExclusionRectangle (xml command) with the flags ExcludeGenericBuildings=TRUE and/or ExcludeLibraryObjects=TRUE.

Once the stock building(s) are killed off, you have an open canvas to place your own gmax buildings, or your own GenericBuildings.

** re: Autogen buildings: These must be excluded with a cvx exclusion polygon--they cannot be excluded with a simple xml ExclusionRectangle. I use FSX_KML to remove autogen because it is simple and fast but there are also other programs that do the same. Essentially they are all using the shp2vec program that comes with the SDK to do this.