• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX Autogen with selfmade Buildings

Country
morocco
Hello dear Friends!
I am currently working on marrakech X. The airport is done so far and now i want to make the whole city. I already have about 10 different civil buildings for a selfmade autogen and now the question is, is there a program which could place this buildings for me? Currently im adding every single house with Modelconverter but thats very hard work for a big city like marrakch.:scratchch

Thank you very much for help!

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

Do you have any geo data about the buildings? Then you could use scenProc to create autogen from it. Else it would be the Annotator tool to do it manually for your photo scenery.

Country
morocco
Thanks Arno for this ideas.
But:
1. what is Geo Data.
2. Where can i get it?
3. And is there a tutorial for one of the both tools?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

The SDK has documentation on how to use the Annotator tool to create autogen.

For scenProc (which is a tool I made), there is a manual and a couple of video tutorials as well. Have a look here:

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/manual-tutorials.111459/

But you'll need some geographical data. Maybe you can find it on OpenStreetMap, but I'm not sure how good the coverage is for your area.

Country
unitedkingdom
I would definitely place the default autogen. The buildings can be placed the right size easily using the annotator and you don't have to amend any customer's autogen files, which is a right pita. The files will be saved in the respective texture folder and would only require theactivation of the scenery.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
You can change the texture sheet that is used by the houses quite easily. That doesn't require changes to configuration files.

And I'm working on a tool to make changing those default configuration files much less a PITA.

Country
us-illinois
I'm working on a tool to make changing those default configuration files much less a PITA.

Many thanks, Arno ! :)

Any estimates on when a Beta or development release might be available to test ? :scratchch

GaryGB

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Any estimates on when a Beta or development release might be available to test ? :scratchch

I hope to have a beta version ready in less than a week, I almost have it working. But that will be a version for developers to try, it won't be ready to be released with addons yet.