• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v3 AZA Mesa Gateway V2

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
If Joe pee that much, he would be dehydrated a lot....ha ha.
Great job in Ground Poly. If you don't mind, please write a tutorial on how you did this. It is P3Dv3 material which I think it is quite different from FS2002 ground poly. Need to set on Zbias and still some problems.

Yes Please, Tutorial :D for bump map ans reflective puddle :) (and if possible, reflective terminal windows :))

Very nice progress with this, Ryan ! :)

As you continue to refine this technique, please share your insights with us in posts and perhaps as a Tutorial / Wiki resource here at FSDeveloper, so we can all learn more about how to better work with the relatively new P3D SDK methods for creating Ground Polys, Bump Maps, and Specular Maps. :teacher:

Keep up the good work ! :cool:

GaryGB

I appreciate the feedback. I encourage anyone to speak up on anything you might see wrong or off.

As for the tutorial I agree there is a lack of proper instructions on how to make the polygons. Alot of what you see are in the textures though, but getting them to not flicker took me a while to figure out. Stay tuned, when I have a free day next week I should be able to give some insight.

Holy wow! Looks awesome, Ryan! Definitely would love to see how you made those when you have a free moment to make a tutorial.

It helps when you're a Ramp Agent in real life. Free pictures!

As for the tutorial. I will indeed make one this week. Do you prefer video or pictures?

Last edited: