• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX B737-200c

n4gix

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
Here is a quick shot of the new SP-177 autopilot and dual UNS-1F CDU/FMS installed. I need to add the FSX control scripts to the buttons, levers, switches and knobs yet, but that will go quickly...

Attachments

• B737000001.jpg
    B737000001.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 966

n4gix

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
Ohh fancy.

Will this be a new plane your designing, or just the autopilot?
It's the entire aircraft. I'm working to develop several variations of the VC. The original using the very primitive SP-77*, which barely qualifies for the term "autopilot", and another that has dual after-market FMS units and an SP-177 upgrade.

The SP-77 has nothing more than "wing leveler" and "pitch hold" functions. The entire "system" revolves around the "Control Wheel Steering" paradigm: the pilot uses the yoke to establish a pitch and/or bank, then switches on the "aileron" and "elevator" channels to hold the current position.

Any movement of the yoke past a small threshold will unlatch one or both of those functions allowing the pilot to make adjustments. The pilot will then have to re-engage one or both of the functions.

Country
australia
It's the entire aircraft. I'm working to develop several variations of the VC. The original using the very primitive SP-77*, which barely qualifies for the term "autopilot", and another that has dual after-market FMS units and an SP-177 upgrade.

The SP-77 has nothing more than "wing leveler" and "pitch hold" functions. The entire "system" revolves around the "Control Wheel Steering" paradigm: the pilot uses the yoke to establish a pitch and/or bank, then switches on the "aileron" and "elevator" channels to hold the current position.

Any movement of the yoke past a small threshold will unlatch one or both of those functions allowing the pilot to make adjustments. The pilot will then have to re-engage one or both of the functions.
Great to hear you plan to implement the Sperry 177... That 77* is a bitch.

Country
us-texas
Tell them please no 77 in the First Air and Canadian North or a mean polar bear attack is going to happen on Montreal from the Territories of Canada. Only Air Inuit has the 77. Air North on the left coast is anybody's guess lol.

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
After another 943 iterations, I might just have my 732 'pit as detailed as yours. Hah!

I find it weird that you only do the Combi though...

Tell them please no 77 in the First Air and Canadian North or a mean polar bear attack is going to happen on Montreal from the Territories of Canada. Only Air Inuit has the 77. Air North on the left coast is anybody's guess lol.

I'm pretty sure this can be fixed with a "model=" line modification in the aircraft.cfg.

n4gix

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
I find it weird that you only do the Combi though...

I'm pretty sure this can be fixed with a "model=" line modification in the aircraft.cfg.
There will be three options for the same basic model:
  1. Freight only
  2. COMBI (freight/pax)
  3. Pax only

I still haven't fully decided whether to have discrete models, or use a "Loadout Configuration Utility" type gauge...

There will be two completely different virtual cockpits though, because I cannot have the SP-77 and SP-177 in the same model, even if one of 'em is hidden. Their control code is completely different!

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
I still haven't fully decided whether to have discrete models, or use a "Loadout Configuration Utility" type gauge...

Code:
(A:TITLE, string) 'PAX' sstr 0 >

With this, you won't have to export discrete model files.

(All glory to Tom Ruth for discovering/using this!)

n4gix

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
With a "Loadout Configuration Utility" I can dynamically adjust the fuel loading, the weight station loading, enable/disable cargo pods and/or pallet loads, add/subtract pax seat pallets, et cetera...

...and still have only one exterior and interior model. :cool:

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Well, the "title" line solution at least eliminates the need for save-load functionality...

Country
southafrica
Hmm I hope you're going to make a cargo version of the 737-200 as apposed to a normal passenger variant... can already imagine seeing this in South African Airways livery...

Country
hungary
Here is a quick shot of the new SP-177 autopilot and dual UNS-1F CDU/FMS installed. I need to add the FSX control scripts to the buttons, levers, switches and knobs yet, but that will go quickly...

These textures and 3D model shows similarity to MilViz's payware B737-200...or am I missed something? :rolleyes:

n4gix

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
These textures and 3D model shows similarity to MilViz's payware B737-200...or am I missed something? :rolleyes:
Well it is the same project that I've been working on for the past year... ;)

n4gix

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
Hmm I hope you're going to make a cargo version of the 737-200 as apposed to a normal passenger variant... can already imagine seeing this in South African Airways livery...

This is a COMBI (combination) airframe. The seats are palletized for rapid reconfiguration of the aircraft from cargo, combi, and pax only flights.

This was stated clearly in reply #9 above... ;)

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
This is a COMBI (combination) airframe. The seats are palletized for rapid reconfiguration of the aircraft from cargo, combi, and pax only flights.

Ooooooh, the door will always be there then!

From #9, I got the impression that you'd supply TRUE pax and cargo models as well. :duck:

(To be fair, the required changes to the model, especially considering the overlap of the respective cargo doors on the C and F models, would be pretty extensive.)