• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Back online, but...

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
As you can see we are back online again. But, unfortunately, some data got lost in the process.

At this moment we do not know exactly why the server failed, it seemed something was wrong with the drive. But the exactly details can't be found (yet) at the moment.

Since the last few days we did get some errors that the daily backups could not be completed. We were still looking into the source of this problem, but it might be related to what brought the site down in the end. The fact that the last backups had failed, also mean that we can not restore more recent data.

So unfortunately all forum posts and wiki edits made after the 20th of October have been lost. We are just as annoyed by this as you are and hope this won't happen again the future. You can be sure that we will keep an even closer eye on the success of our backups in the future.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Since yesterday we have been monitoring the server. Since everything seems OK we have just decided to open the forums again.

Once again, sorry for the inconvenience. You can be sure we are just as annoyed by it as you are.

Bambi_007

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Thanks Arno for your fast work and the Forum is back.

Hardware Failures are allways possible and nobody can make backups every minute of the day.

The Community will make the Questions again and the Community will answers again. :)

Country
france
Thank you so much Arno ! :)
It seems strange.. the day before the site gone down, I wondered me how designer could work without a site like that (wiki, useful tools, etc.)

n4gix

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
It seems strange.. the day before the site gone down, I wondered me how designer could work without a site like that (wiki, useful tools, etc.)

Actually, that's precisely why I shamelessly borrow the best and save it either in my flightsim.com Wiki, or as a "sticky post" in my "Aircraft and Panel Design" forum at flightsim.com...

This way I strive to preserve that which is of most importance for me as a modeler, gauge programmer and panel designer. :D

Country
norway
Actually, that's precisely why I shamelessly borrow the best and save it either in my flightsim.com Wiki, or as a "sticky post" in my "Aircraft and Panel Design" forum at flightsim.com...

This way I strive to preserve that which is of most importance for me as a modeler, gauge programmer and panel designer. :D

I do the exact same thing, shamelessly pasting it into my ever-growing txt file :D

Cheers,
:stirthepo

nickw

Administrator
Staff member
Country
ireland

Agreed :)

I just wish I had time to design stuff still ;)

Country
us-washington
All is working well here except I am not getting e-mail notifications. Is there a fix? In CP my e-mail addy is correct. Should I just redo it? Bob

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi Bob,

Let me check, now that you mention it, it seems I also got less (or even no) email recently.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi Bob,

Yes, I have not able to figure out where it is going wrong yet. We are working on it.