• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Bahamas Photoreal

Country
us-california
Hi, I have been toying around with doing this area for a couple of years, and just a couple of months ago decided to redo it with a LOD16 resolution. I am trying to align Art Poole magnificent Bahamas airports plus create airports where there were none available for fsx save the default. It is still a work in progress. For example, the image right below is of Overyonder Cay, and if you look close enough you will see the wind turbines just as in real life.
bahamas3.jpg

aleuthera.jpg
bahamas4.jpg
nassau4.jpg
eleuthera.jpg
exuma01.jpg
andros.jpg

Country
germany
Thats looks stunning :)

I am also experimenting with photosceneries, but wasnt able to apply a nice blendmask. In my case it looked more like a blurred strip. How did u do such smooth edges from default water to your scenery?

Country
australia
I agree aloushali the water blending is very well done. To achieve a look like this you should just use a gradient in your blend mask on the edge between the black and white. To do this just draw your blend mask and then apply gaussian blur. Use a fairly large pixel radius. When blurring in water the higher the pixel radius the better the PR will blend with the default water. If your blend mask is close to the shore line then you will be limited, but if your blend mask is further out to sea then you can use a pixel radius of 100s or even 1000 or more to achieve a gradual transition.

Cheers,

Country
germany
Very very nice! :)
Where did you get such a good aerial imagery?
For the Caribbean I just find cloudy satellite images.

Country
us-california
Just to clarify, I started this post in 2015, and earlier this year redid all Bahamas scenery including Nassau, Eleuthera, Cat island & the Exumas.
Nassau & Eleuthera are finished mostly, and just got permission from Art Poole to use his great airports, for which I am in the process of adding vegetation and align with sat image.
There is hand placed autogen throught the islands as well as nigh lighting complemented by Taburet caribbean lights.
What follows are a series of images taken recently, mostly feautering Eleuthera.
Thanks and enjoy.
north_eleu.jpg
nassau.jpg
BH009.jpg
BH019.jpg
rockint0001.jpg
rockint8.jpg
rockint11.jpg
rockint18.jpg
rocknight.jpg

Country
antigua-barbuda
Annber, this is real awesome work. One of my favorite places to fly. Cant wait till its available. Keep up the good work.

Country
us-california
nassau_outer.jpg
nassau_outer03.jpg
nassau_outer05.jpg
nassau_outer07.jpg
nassau_outer09.jpg
nassau_outer11.jpg
Thank you caribstar, your comments are much appreciated:), here are a few more while I flew around checking for corrections, from Nassau to North Eleuthera, on to Governor's Harbour, and another short hop from Nassau to Rock Sound. If you strain your eyes you might catch a glimpse of boats, and also an aircraft carrier with a hard landing surface. There are also a few ships with working helipads scattered around. Still a WIP, but almost done.

Country
jamaica
Wow..I'm about to fly KFLL-MYBS-MYNN.. and sincerely after seeing this i dont wanna fly out to the Bahamas no more...(temporarily;))

Country
us-texas
Annber, I did a bit of experimenting with this on my own at one point, but never really got anywhere with it. So I am so glad to see you doing this, and the quality is really top notch, from what I can tell. Glad Art is onboard with the updates, he has too many great custom objects built in to these airports for them not to continue on in P3D. Pretty excited about this, thanks for doing this. I hope you keep it going with the rest of the Bahamas.