• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS2004 Bangkok on the (long) way.

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Hi guys,
I'd like to tell you that I'm making Bangkok in FS. Since I will get bored with some of my projects, so I need to switch back and forth among them.
Bangkok is on the list. It will take times and patient to complete this city. For sure it cannot be completed in 2010.

Two areas have been made but not completely done yet. This city is huge and no definite downtown like western country.
Baiyok-1.jpg

BaiyokII the tallest building in Bangkok

Baiyok2.jpg

Raj Prasong and Central World in Gmax

BkkinGmax02.jpg

Temple of Dawn
watarun.jpg

Kasikorn Bank over the Chao Praya River and Rama9 Bridge
kbank2.jpg

I have tried this in FSX too. The ground is photoscenery not ground poly. Quite nice though.
BKKfsx.jpg

Country
us-california
Hi jtanabodee,

Nice work on the Bangkok scenery!
What a fascinating city Bangkok is with its rivers, canals, old temples, the Grand Palace / Wat Phra Kaew complex, the Skytrain (BTS), tuk tuks, street food, Victory Monument/ the list is endless.

Riding the canal boats was an intense experience as they speed along the narrow canals, kind of like being in a video game. (I loved the tarps which they would raise up at the last moment as two boats passed to avoid drenching the passengers)

My son and I spent some awesome times in Bangkok while he was going to Thai language school there, and I was doing humanitarian work along the Thai-Burma border near Sangkhlaburi. I've got to say that going from Bangkok to the small border village where I lived and worked for two months at a time was certainly culture shock coming and going. Still, after several trips I began to look forward to the sights, sounds, and wonders which each of them provided.

We had some great times exploring northern Thailand too, Chiang Mai, Mae Hong Song (Mmmm Kaeng Han Le pork curry), Mae Salong, Pai, Maesai, Chiang Rai, and the Mekong River at the Golden triangle tri-border area.
The night train from Chiang Mai to Bangkok was always fun too.

Bangkok was even better once my son knew how to speak Thai, and had made friends with all of the street food vendor ladies near his school, who adopted him and helped him practice his Thai language skills.

It is now getting to be the perfect season to visit Bangkok too, I wish I was going.

Keep up the good work!
(now I am going to have to drag out all of my photos and reminisce some)

Cheers
Gman

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Some update here. Since Prasong release his new update in Don Mung Airport, VTBD. I decide to go on my project. Bangkok is big and it spread itself all over. Not a limited downtown like western cities.

MBK mall

mbkyg.jpg

WavePlace building front, All Season Place right, and Eporium bld far away.

allseason.jpg

Rajmangkala Stadium and the rest of the project.

stadiumr.jpg

Photoscenery here is for placing buildings in its correct place. I'm not quite sure that I will include in the final product since making autogen to hundreds of LOD13 photoscenery is much like an insane job. My mental will break down before I can finish that.

Last edited:

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
I'm working on VTSM_FSX at the same time.
Sometime you cannot work on the same thing for such a long time. It is too boring. I think everyone need a refreshment.

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
This is the Grand Palace, Wat Prakew, where the emeral Buddha statue is.
They are quite tough models to make, lots of detail.
watprakew.jpg

Anantrasmakom Throne Hall
anantasamakom.jpg

Grand Palace at night
watprakew.jpg

Last edited:

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
I tried to correct the color of the photoscenery and it came out pretty nice.
BANGKOK2-1.jpg

Looking from The Grand Palace to Suvarnabhumi Airport.
BANGKOK-1.jpg

VTBD airport from Prasong at Thaiflight.com
BANGKOK3.jpg

The Stadium looks better with photoscenery. Suvarnabhumi Airport is far on the left of the picture.
BANGKOK4.jpg

You can try this. Not done yet but this is for testing. No night light and lots have to be build.
Go down to the end of my thread on Thaiflight.com to see Download .

Last edited: