• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

BeatlesBlog SimConnect

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
No but I might have it in my backups somewhere................ I seem to recall he contracted for LM for a while.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
I think Tim was also active here on the forum, did you try to send him a PM here?

ollyau

Resource contributor
I actually still have a copy, but I'm wondering if it was an inadvertent change or if it was intentional. I haven't tried sending a PM yet -- was hoping someone might have some news (or that Tim might happen by this thread himself). I'll give it a little wait before trying to contact him.

Tim Gregson is employed by Lockheed Martin and part of the Prepar3D.

He initially freelanced for LM untill the P3D setup was in place. He maintained base code in FSX - and continued to do so in P3D - first freelance - then full contract.

I recall on his blog that after contracting with LM - he could not participate openly anymore (i.e.military industry - or Space/Aviation for that matter). However, he had to start flying as a pilot for real working for LM. So what a nice contract :eek:)

Go read the leftovers from that blog.

Use the Prepar3D SDK now.

Guess TM is taken up by 64-bit conversion - for i.e. a version 3 beyond including the 2.x releases we've seen? But just a guess ...

To get in contact ... you could try and post teamlead for P3D to filter any questions. Anyway, go to the P3D forum. That's were the seniors from MS fsx dev team lives now.

Recall P3D = FSX NG :eek:)

Just got the Oculus Rift. Going Haswell-E now. May be keeping older PC aroud for later use of multi-channel rendering of i.e. gauges etc.

ollyau

Resource contributor
I'd prefer to be able to continue targeting FSX SP2/Acceleration. As I understand it, the P3D SDK's SimConnect is not backwards compatible with previous versions, and the recommended procedure is to use the FSX SDK SimConnect, as the P3D client is backwards compatible with that.

The purpose of this thread was regarding the availability of Tim's managed SimConnect library, which was released for FSX Acceleration/SP2 and ESP, before his time at Lockheed Martin.

Tim "Beatles" Gregson is normaly logged into SKYPE, under his name "Tim Gregson".

You therefore might be able to contact him via Skype.

Hello
Does anyone knows what happened to Tim's SDK? I couldn't find clear answer in his blog (Download links are broken) and I really need it.

Thanks
Ron