Beginners Question

Hi,
Just downloaded the full install version but have had problems with registering.
The program asks to search for a resource disk on a CD that is not related. When I provide the disk it still can't find whats looking for.
When I ignore the issue and push on through to load a file, a runtime 92 error occurs and crashes to desktop.

I'd really like to get the problem running.
What is registering anyway and what do I need to do this.
Thanks

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

Did you look at the manual?

Also which version of MDL Tweaker did you install? The EXE installer version should register all needed DLL files automatically for you. Only if you used the ZIP version you need to do it yourself.

Arno,
Iused the EXE version for that reason. It doesn't work and asked for it to be registered. Then provides runtime error.

Just to be sure I also dowloaded the other version and it still dosn't work.

I have a friend who is running it without problem and asked them to load there version on my computer in case I was doing sometime wrong and they couldn't get it to work either. Is there some other dll or something that the program users that could be missing from my machine???

It would seem so, as the program asks for my Dell resource disk, which has nothing on it for the program to use.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

The EXE version should include all files you need. These are mainly VB6 runtime files.

Which OS are you running and can you provide me the complete error message you get? Also the one about the registration please. That might help.

Hi Arno,

Just reloaded the program again.

Error 1706. No vailid source disk could be found for product Dell Rescorce CD. Windows Installer cannot continue.

I am using XP Home, SP3. Don't no about OS version or where to find this info. The PC is only 12 months old if that helps.
If you send me your email address I will send you screen pics of what it is doing.
Thanks Arno.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

I did a little search on Google and it seems more people have similar problems (with other programs of course).

The weird thing is that I do not use the Windows Installer for my tool, so I am wondering why the Windows Installer is involved at all. Does it give any information which program it thinks the installation failed for?

If you want to email me more info, you can send it to arno _AT_ fsdeveloper _DOT_ com.

Hi Arno,
It only happen the first time I loaded the program but it came up with something about a windows 32 installer, that all I can remember.
It hasn't caome up again as it seems to remember where it wants to look for the installer.

Could my security program trap a file and clean it. I have had problems with FS2004 library injection being stopped because it considers that as a high risk. I'll email you the jpgs of what it does.
Thanks.