• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Beijing City 2019

Country
netherlands
I think may be it is better if we do the city scenery by making boxes, shapes/cylinders for those buildings whithout paying much on the detail. Then come back later for more detail. So, the project can be done at a considerable amount of buildings. If you get bored, the whole city in less detail is still usable rather that scattered detailed buildings here and there.
I would agree. Detail on city sceneries is only really useful if the user would be expected to fly closely to the buildings, but with ZBAA downtown is far away. The suer would never even see the detail from that distance.
I'm starting a project for a more detailed Phoenix City scenery, and this is a slightly different story: downtown is on the approach path to KPHX, so having more detail would be good.

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
I found this. Unfortunately, there is less information in OpenStreet map of Beijing compare to western world.

Country
mexico
Looks good...too good...is Beijing ever that clear?
Opss!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: (Rick, sorry for the pun; I couldn't resist).

Jtanabodee:
Another wonderfull project, I'm sure it will be absolutely fantastic.
I really appreciate the quality of your work; Above all, attention to details.

Kindest regards,
Sergio.
:)

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Thanks Sergio, I hope I can accomplish this task.
I have done a few blocks of Beijing. There are 3-4 centers with high rises. I think it might be good not too have all autogens for those buildings with less than 4 stories. However, I will try to do that and see the impact on FPS. The details are just about right. You can do both helicopter flying in town or just fly by on big birds to ZBAA. Some unique and tall buildings will be modeled and their texture will be reused in some insignificant buildings. Their rough shape will be look alike but not in very detail to save both textures and polygons. You can get atmosphere of them. Those concrete buildings will be matched the real buildings in color, such as brown concrete buildings, white concrete buildings or glass buildings with different colors and reflections. I just spent one 1024x1024 texture sheet for those buildings in these screenshots. The aim point is: you should not feel the fps hit when you approaching to ZBAA from the south.
BeijingCity15.jpg

BeijingCity16.jpg

BeijingCity17.jpg

Last edited:
Country
germany
Hello Tic,

I am using your Beijing scenery for FS2004 since day one and really look forward to this City addon.

May I ask if there was any progress lately?

Thank you!

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
I have to put it on hold a bit. I have something more important to do. However, it is not canceled but hopefully it will be finished before 2019 pass.

Last edited:
Country
germany
Take your time, mate. Rome wasn't built in a day either. It's a highly detailed project....

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Good to hear that, but it may crash my computer, I guess;).
No way, it is very fps friendly. I put all my effort to make it runs smooth as much as I can.
But the project has to be Beijing 2020 now. I cannot finish this in 2019.

Country
china
No way, it is very fps friendly. I put all my effort to make it runs smooth as much as I can.
But the project has to be Beijing 2020 now. I cannot finish this in 2019.
Yeah, since 2019 will soon go away, but I'll be patient to wait for your final product. It is a very difficult project to build such a large city for only one individual and the progress is probably boring, but remind to keep a good mood and I am sure you'll reach your expectation at last.

Country
switzerland
Just curiouse if the city will be a scenery project to buy itself at an own price, or will it be available as an update, in Simmarket, at a lower price range to those people who allready bought the Airport Scenery?

Country
germany
Hey Tic, of course we know, you are working on Phuket aswell, but is there any update on this project?

Country
netherlands
I'm not one to revive old topics, but this is something I'd be very interested in seeing at some point. WMKK was just released and I know you've started to work on V TBS (yay!). Still, was wondering if any more work was done on Beijing City? I do realize of course that the MSFS rendition of Beijing is not all that bad... I hope you will still continue with Beijing City despite that!

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
The project is not dead yet. I will do it. I wish I had 30 hrs a day to work.