• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX Beijing Scenery 2008

Country
china
Hello, guys. I'm helping my Beijing native friend Mike to promote his latest works on Beijing, including some of the famous landmarks like the Great Wall, the temple of the Heaven and the Forbbiden city. Olympic Green and new Beijing airport Terminal 3 are also built in the flight simulator to remember those wonderful performance during the 2008 Olympic Games. Wish u would like it!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 6,003
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 4,716
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 2,723
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 2,720
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 2,631
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 2,458
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 2,449
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 2,471
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 2,879
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 2,714
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 2,468
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 3,431
  • 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 2,337
  • 19.jpg
    19.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 2,266
  • 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 4,613
  • 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 2,342
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 2,064
  • 24.jpg
    24.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 2,134
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 2,073
  • COBUS.jpg
    COBUS.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 2,206
  • ABC2.jpg
    ABC2.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 2,072
  • ABC1.jpg
    ABC1.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 1,882
  • Food Catering2.jpg
    Food Catering2.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 2,012
  • snow clearing1.jpg
    snow clearing1.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 1,975
  • Food Catering1.jpg
    Food Catering1.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 2,053
  • snow clearing2.jpg
    snow clearing2.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 1,947
Last edited:
Country
unitedstates
Nice work so far, been waiting for some good Chinese sceneries! :)

However, I'm not a fan of the aerial/satellite image apron and taxiways at the airport, never have been, I think that's an area better off without 'photoreal' ground textures. ;)

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
It has been so long waiting for this scenery. Very nice scenery.

I think this will be better if you use your own texture for the roof of terminal 3 than using the satellite photo since it get blurry.
This is freeware or payware?

Last edited:

hcornea

Resource contributor
Country
australia
I'd imagine it is challenging making scenery for a place like Beijing.

WRT the apron ... it looks hybrid .... perhaps a little too light.

Very ambitious project indeed!

(Love the Temple of Heaven BTW ... went to Beijing in 2008 ... amazing airport)

Country
china
Nice work so far, been waiting for some good Chinese sceneries! :)

However, I'm not a fan of the aerial/satellite image apron and taxiways at the airport, never have been, I think that's an area better off without 'photoreal' ground textures. ;)

Hi Ron, Mike is currently engaged to drawing ground textures and making airport lights, he's also preparing better-looking T3 roof skin. Another friend has provided us with a more accurate T3 model, which will be more real than the model you've previously seen. One trouble for us is how to strike a balance between quality and performance. Terminal 3 has already taken alot of resources and that's not the end, thousands of individual lights, airport vehicles, old terminals and other facilities. We are still at a loss of which way to go.:confused:

Country
china
It has been so long waiting for this scenery. Very nice scenery.

I think this will be better if you use your own texture for the roof of terminal 3 than using the satellite photo since it get blurry.
This is freeware or payware?

Hi Jtanabodee, we are very amazed by your Thai scenery, very traditional but breath-taking. Currently Mike is making a new T3 roof which will look better. This Beijing scenery will temporarily be classified as freeware. Actually, Mike told me the other day that the quality still not matches payware standards, still a long way for us to go.

Last edited:
flibbertigibbeticism

Do you plan to release it for FS9 as well? Still no good Beijing airport available... :(

Country
china
flibbertigibbeticism

Do you plan to release it for FS9 as well? Still no good Beijing airport available... :(

Hi ArtAir, currently it's for FSX only. But things may change in ther future.

Attachments

• d.jpg
    d.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 1,448
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 1,278
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 1,272
  • f.jpg
    f.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 1,224
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 1,925
  • e.jpg
    e.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 1,136
  • g.jpg
    g.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 1,237

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Hi Jtanabodee, we are very amazed by your Thai scenery, very traditional but breath-taking. Currently Mike is making a new T3 roof which will look better. This Beijing scenery will temporarily be classified as freeware. Actually, Mike told me the other day that the quality still not matches payware standards, still a long way for us to go.
Thanks for your comment on my scenery in Thailand.

The performance of the scenery in FSX is quite difficult to make since we cannot tweak the code like we used to in FS9. I need to do LOD for almost everything in VTBS_FSX and the last LOD is a small triangle mapping texture with alpha.
To me, performance is the most important since the good scenery is useless if we can just look and slew. I'm making Bangkok City as well and try everything I could to make it smooth enough while getting the plane landing to VTBS and VTBD. City will hurt the frame rate so much. User may want to throw away the city while they landing their airplane.
Best Regards,
Tic

Thanks for your comment on my scenery in Thailand.

The performance of the scenery in FSX is quite difficult to make since we cannot tweak the code like we used to in FS9. I need to do LOD for almost everything in VTBS_FSX and the last LOD is a small triangle mapping texture with alpha.
To me, performance is the most important since the good scenery is useless if we can just look and slew. I'm making Bangkok City as well and try everything I could to make it smooth enough while getting the plane landing to VTBS and VTBD. City will hurt the frame rate so much. User may want to throw away the city while they landing their airplane.
Best Regards,
Tic

So...maybe you can do FS9 version firstly, then for FSX...

Country
poland
Oh, yes, Beijing Capital for FS9, please!
worshippy-1.gif

I've been waiting for a good rendition of ZBAA longer than I could remember.

And, of course, those screenshots look superb. I guess it may only get even better.
applause2.gif

Last edited:

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
I think a big city will suck up the frame rate so much.

I try to make a solution for this by making LOD for a group of buildings. A block of streets contains 300 buildings in gmax. The last LOD will have a few buildings which are really important and tall. This might help frame rate a bit.
Try to make it simple as much as possible and the last LOD is much more simpler. Something like only one box for each buildings.

I'm trying this in Bangkok and I'll tell you how the effect it is. But you can try my idea to Beijing first and tell me how it works since I still have another project going on.

I tried to fly in the big city like New York in FSX but fps was not good. Too many buildings without LOD. So I think this idea might work.

Any ideas from the other scenery designers for big city scenery?

Country
china
Dont' forget the new cctv building and maybe the burned building beside.

LOL, our plan is to make the scenery alongside the Chang'an Avenue from the west to the east. Upon completion, you'll see the headquarter of national bank, national grand theater, Tiananmen Square. New iconic CCTV headquarter and the burnt Mandarin Oriental Hotel are also within our working area.

Country
china
I think a big city will suck up the frame rate so much.

I try to make a solution for this by making LOD for a group of buildings. A block of streets contains 300 buildings in gmax. The last LOD will have a few buildings which are really important and tall. This might help frame rate a bit.
Try to make it simple as much as possible and the last LOD is much more simpler. Something like only one box for each buildings.

I'm trying this in Bangkok and I'll tell you how the effect it is. But you can try my idea to Beijing first and tell me how it works since I still have another project going on.

I tried to fly in the big city like New York in FSX but fps was not good. Too many buildings without LOD. So I think this idea might work.

Any ideas from the other scenery designers for big city scenery?

Hi, Tic. Mike will try the LOD thing to downtown Beijing. With our work going on, more buildings will be made. Thanks for your solution that helps keeping good fps. Currently we are still at the initial stage of scenery making.:rolleyes:

Country
belgium
Lukkely BJ is a pretty flat city with a lot of common appartment buildings. Anyway, I whas waiting a long time for this scenery, since I lived for 2 years 2007 till 2009. I know the eastern-upper site of the city prettywell.

Country
china
ZBAA night view and the National Museum

few pics about recent work on Beijing scenery ;)

Attachments

• ZBAA night view2.jpg
    ZBAA night view2.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 1,421
  • ZBAA night view1.jpg
    ZBAA night view1.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 1,292
  • ZBAA night view3.jpg
    ZBAA night view3.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 1,906
  • national museum.jpg
    national museum.jpg