• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS2004 Bell 407 V2.0

Country
mexico
Hey Sergio how's work on the 407
Darren for me it's ok if you ask. Lately, I've been procrastinating a lot because I found errors that must be fixed. Some of them are done... others, well.
Several times, I began my modeling sessions with no apparent progress. I don't know why I lost inspiration; simply it wasn't there for me!

I was tempted to export for the second time the work done so far; nevertheless, all UVW mapping must be done before that. Last time I tried, several errors have arisen during the compiling procedure. My money is with the lack of correspondence between materials, UV's and textures. If I can recall, the partial "white" model looked good.

Google Alpine helicopters for the bell 407 they have...would be a great paint when you get back I the swing of things
Since this is a one man's show, repaints will flourish later.

Sergio, if you need some help with mapping just give me a shout.:wave:
Luca, for some reason I've lost track of last replies to this thread. I wrote to you in your own thread ;)

Thank you all,
Sergio.

Country
mexico
Hello

Finally! Some progress on the remaining parts; all are mapped and have basic "painting job" on them. Too bad, but I was not able to replicate scratches and "whetering details":

TestUV_01.jpg

TestUV_01_bis.jpg

TestUV_02.jpg

TestUV_03.jpg

TestUV_04.jpg

Not the best "pain job" but it'll do the trick for now...

I hope you like it.
Sergio.
;)

Last edited:
Country
mexico
Ok, I wasn't aware that we have the basic model and all stuff ready! I guess it's time to bring it to the simulator and find out if everything works as it supposed to... Fingers crossed! The exterior has a few new goodies, can you tell which ones? :p

407_basic_model_final.jpg

Happy... for now.
Sergio.

Country
indonesia
just a suggestion, make the camera pod (could be both) and external light pod as option, could use visibility tag or different model folder to choose it.:twocents:

Country
mexico
Hello

Maryadi, I'd love to do what you suggest me. Actually, there are three external lights (not including the landing light embedded in the nose). However, there are a lots of variants including different light pods mounted in positions along the skid's tubing close to the belly.

More_lights_01.jpg

More_lights_02.jpg

More_lights_03.jpg

More_lights_04.jpg

On the other hand, like I mentioned before this is the base model and possibly more variations could be built from it.

Thank you kindly.
Sergio.

n4gix

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
Those foam grips are awesome! They look very soft and comfortable to hold. :coffee:

Country
mexico
Another time... SAD news

I am no longer be able to finish this helicopter: Main reason; my house have been stolen and all my stuff is gone for good.
Right now, I am in a mental brack down and I just want to say... god bye and thanks for everyting.

I guess modeling does not want me; first, my 429 witha computer crash and now this... dammit.

Sincerely,
Sergio Kauffman.

euroastar350

Resource contributor
Country
us-delaware
The Bell 407 is far from dead. I spoke with Sergio and he agreed the 407 will be finished, alas by me. Since I am converting his Bell 429 to FSX native, his Bell 407 will get the same......but I am not forgetting FS2004 users either, which is Sergio's primary platform of choice. This way, it will give Sergio some time to recuperate from his current situation. He has done so much for me in the past, I am returning my gratitude. Brother, hopefully everything will come out ok and you'll make a strong comeback.

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Another time... SAD news

I am no longer be able to finish this helicopter: Main reason; my house have been stolen and all my stuff is gone for good.
Right now, I am in a mental brack down and I just want to say... god bye and thanks for everyting.

I guess modeling does not want me; first, my 429 witha computer crash and now this... dammit.

Sincerely,
Sergio Kauffman.

Oh no! Hope you have some good insurance to recuperate at least part of the loss. And hope that the authorities aren't as corrupt as I make them out to be.

Country
mexico
Hello friends

It was only about material things and we will be ok; ensurance will cover as it should and every member of the family is safe and sound. Regarding authorities... well, I trust them in the same way as I'd trust a hungry tiger in the same room. Irrelevant, non professional and... burocratic. As good as... I'll let you fill the blanks. It's not the same to write in an ipad. I am old school and really miss the keyboard.

Thank you for your kind words ans support.
Sergio.

Country
mexico
He has done so much for me in the past, I am returning my gratitude. Brother, hopefully everything will come out ok and you'll make a strong comeback.
Nonsense, everyone here has helped each other in every single oportunity and you have a big heart in the right place. ;)
I only have recieved from all of you a lot of kindness, friendship, tips and teachings.

Sergio.
:)

Country
ca-saskatchewan
Sergio, truly a tragedy and a crying shame! To me, you are one of the last great FS9 developers so I hope you can find a way to come back from this massive setback, as daunting as it is.

Best wishes my friend,

Greg

Country
us-california
Sergio,
The ipad may not be your first choice for communication, but at least you have it. They probably make a keyboard for use with the ipad, but I have a feeling it is not at the top of your priority list right now.

I am so relieved to hear everyone is OK and safe.
¡Qué Dios te bendiga a ti y a tu familia!

Best regards my friend
Gary