• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS2004 Bell 407 V2.0

Country
mexico
Hi there!

It's been a while since... The 407 is having many delays but at least, it has a flyable version. Meanwhile, I have prepared the offshore version and a new repaint:

407_Air_Log_01.jpg

Notice the customizable hat and the sunglasses! The hat has been included in the paint kit in order to create your own design; including some logos if it is the desire of the livery artist:
407_Air_Log_02.jpg

The offshore version, basically is the same with floats but with a much more cleaner airframe (no wire cutters and fewer antennas):
407_Air_Log_03.jpg

Maybe, this will be the end of the road for the 407. I've done what I could for this adopted model and I guess is time to move on into another project!

Thank you all for helping me to figure out how to make things work! You're are awesome!!!
Sergio.

Country
us-california
Stick a fork in it Sergio, it is done. :cool:
Then send it over to George por favor. :duck:
Fantastic work as always Sergio!

Cheers
Gary

Country
mexico
Hello lads

Stick a fork in it Sergio, it is done. :cool:
Then send it over to George por favor. :duck:
Fantastic work as always Sergio!
AFAIK, George has his hands full at this moment. Let's see what he say when he watch this; he has been busy in real life issues.

Maybe, this will be the end of the road for the 407
Gary, there's a "Maybe" in the way :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
I am burned by this project; but I don't like many things that I supposed to... well, must to be fixed.

Among several other aspects:
  1. The Medevac version was never finished; I never showed it to you guys, because it is in the early stage of modelling yet...
  2. Those darn seat belts, I can't get those right; no matter what I do, the UVs are impossible for me.
  3. I never modeled a battery and other stuff which is supposed to be "stuffed" in the nose bay (sorry for the pun).
  4. The crew in flight suit, are badly textured and look terrible for me; I never was good making clothes textures...
  5. The VC textures seems to me very "cartoonish".
  6. Although I have already tested most of the VC animations; I still can't fix a big issue described here.
  7. The uglier thing, is that I wanted to adjust the helicopter in order to have the 5° angle in the main rotor mast. I've seen that this is a common omission between us (uhh, all those crazy lads who model helicopters :ziplip:). This "little" thing, implies that I need to export everything again from 3ds max to Gmax; then redo every single animation. In short, to begin again.
  8. Not to mention that real life issues have gotten the better of me... again. :duck: :duck: :duck:
Anyway, I know I can model things (with a lot of stress) but I know I can't do proper texture work. I don't know if it is worth to be published to FS9 users in AVSIM or other devoted FS websites. Let's see what happens...

Thanks again,
Sergio.

euroastar350

Resource contributor
Country
us-delaware
Send it over. I need a new helicopter to work on since I've been doing commercial airliners the last few months ;) Do you have all the latest models in FS9?

Country
unitedstates
George, I'll help do paints when the time comes. Just let me know. :D I helped you with paints for the 429, in case you were wondering.....

Last edited:
Country
mexico
Send it over. I need a new helicopter to work on since I've been doing commercial airliners the last few months ;) Do you have all the latest models in FS9?

George:
Brother, I will export what I have in Gmax; since I don't remember what was last modification I made. Since I can't recall what you possibly need, I will upload everything I got. In case JJ4974 agrees with my next proposition, I will have more for you and with luck, the Medevac version as well.

George, I'll help do paints when the time comes. Just let me know. :D I helped you with paints for the 429, in case you were wondering.....
Well, I could use some help here as well. I am having a lot of frustration with the VC (as I mentioned here in #269 :duck: :duck: :duck:)
Since George will adopt the 407 as well, perhaps we can run the extra mile with textures before we handed over him the project. :twocents: :twocents: :twocents:

If you're interested, just let me know.
Thank you kindly,
Sergio.
:)

Last edited:
Country
us-california
Thanks George!

Sergio,
Concentrate on a basic white, fresh from the factory Bell 407 for FS9 2004 and get it flying. If someone feels they can do better with some part of it, they can share the fix and everyone will enjoy the amazing work you have provided just as you have improved the original package. Don"t throw in the towel brother.

Cheers
Gary

euroastar350

Resource contributor
Country
us-delaware
The FSX version of the Bell 429 has close to 40 different models including the WLG versions. I'm sure I can squeeze in more models if needed ;)

Country
unitedstates
George:
Brother, I will export what I have in Gmax; since I don't remember what was last modification I made. Since I can't recall what you possibly need, I will upload everything I got. In case JJ4974 agrees with my next proposition, I will have more for you and with luck, the Medevac version as well.

Well, I could use some help here as well. I am having a lot of frustration with the VC (as I mentioned here in #269 :duck: :duck: :duck:)
Since George will adopt the 407 as well, perhaps we can run the extra mile with textures before we handed over him the project. :twocents: :twocents: :twocents:

If you're interested, just let me know.
Thank you kindly,
Sergio.
:)

Sergio,
I am Jason! George and I have been communicating on this. I am not to savy with the creating, and coding part, but I can do the painting fairly well. George said he will send me the files whenever he is ready for the painting to begin. Thank you for you have done on this project. I am glad to be able to help with it.

Country
unitedstates
Hello All! I have been doing some work doing repaints for the 407. I have done mostly MedEvac paints, I do have a couple of News/ENG paints. Here are a few screen shots of what I have done. There will be more to come
Aeromed - Tampa, Fl.JPG
Air Life - Denver.JPG
Arizona DPS.JPG
Aspirus MedEvac - Wausau Wisconsin.JPG
Guardian Air - Northern Arizona.JPG
Indiana State Police.JPG
LifeFlight Eagle - KC Missouri.JPG
SkyFox Houston, Tx.JPG
St Vincent StatFlight - Indiana.JPG
Trinity Mother Frances Flight for Life - Texas.JPG

Country
us-louisiana
Wow great work! I have been searching for weeks for material (sizes, dimensions, etc.) for the 407 so that I could begin building a 1:1 scale flight simulator at my home for personal use, but I cannot find a single piece of data to get me started. It's quite frustrating!