• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Bellingham International (KBLI) Preview

Country
newzealand
Hi Everyone!
I've been working on a payware Bellingham International (KBLI) and thought I would share some screenshots with all of you. Not sure if any of you remember but I created New Plymouth Airport (NZNP) a few years ago which is a small airport in New Zealand. Featuring a fully modeled terminal interior. Anyway I decided a few months ago to develop Bellingham international.

KBLI will be available for both FSX, FSX Steam and Prepar3d (All versions). I've gone as far as modelling the interior of the terminal. Everything from the check-in counters, baggage carousels, TSA areas and a Bar/Restaurant are all modeled up. Modeled also are custom high-resolution ground polygons. Like NZNP, we have included the roads and carparking areas as part of the custom ground polygons. Also for P3D the ground polygons have custom specular, reflection and bump mapping which takes the realism to another level. Love P3D's new features!

Along with all of this, there are 36 custom buildings, custom vegetation along with other custom miscellaneous models.

For anyone that is interested, we have an instagram page which we post regular updates on: www.instagram.com/riddlezinteractive

Will post more updates when they come through!

If you have any questions let me know!

Cheers
Che

10ykqh1.jpg

fx6mo8.jpg

16b0m08.jpg

14ax1rk.jpg

fegpq8.jpg

2r6h748.jpg

bdo782.jpg

nmhrfa.jpg

33wbn8k.jpg

2ql7ody.jpg

dlhphl.jpg

5y506g.jpg

okszt4.jpg

ourrww.jpg

2lxgqs0.jpg

2h72j9y.jpg

Country
germany
No words!:eek:
If you need some one for beta testing without Orbx PNW, please let me know. :)

Country
us-virginia
Good golly, man, that looks awesome. Those ground textures are crazy good. Actually, it all looks crazy good. You, sir, have a gift.

Todd

Country
us-idaho
This is some very fine work. The streaking on the asphalt appears to be very realistic (the whole airport does)!

Country
unitedstates
I cannot believe how awesome this airport looks. This is the kind of quality I someday hope to reach.

Thanks for sharing.

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Fantastic work indeed. Hope it is not too hard on frame rate.
I like the water reflection on the ground. It is new feature of P3Dv3, isn't it? Haven't try it yet.

mendiola_loyola

Resource contributor
Country
peru
Did you use the FS2002 gamepack to create the ground Polygons for FSX?
I would like to make that kind of scenery using just 3Ds Max and the FSX SDK only.

Can you help us?

Regards
Alfredo Mendiola Loyola
Lima, Peru

Country
us-northcarolina
Did you use the FS2002 gamepack to create the ground Polygons for FSX?
I would like to make that kind of scenery using just 3Ds Max and the FSX SDK only.

Can you help us?

Regards
Alfredo Mendiola Loyola
Lima, Peru

Indeed, I'd love a rundown of how you made that... for science. There are so many different techniques that yield various results, and THIS is the result I would like in my own projects!

Country
unitedkingdom
If you've got the time a short run down of which method you used would be great. Those ground textures are fantastic.

Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Looks great! But you do realize 6 months after you release it you will need to redo it? :)
KBLI continues to grow like a weed! The changes have been amazing in the last 5-6 years.

CK

Country
newzealand
Thanks everyone for the comments!
People are wondering how I create the GPs. The FSX version uses the the fs2002 gamepack, where the P3D uses new technologies using FS Materials that have Specular, Reflections, Bump Maps etc. It's great because it allows me to add real reflective puddles, shine on the asphalt etc. It's a shame FSX doesn't support it. For the people that are wondering, I did all the work in 3DS max. The biggest thing that makes an airport look good is a attention to detail and also having access to someone that can make detailed realistic textures. I use a massive texture overlay to add dirt/marks to the ground polygons. Some have asked why the images look saturated. I have turned the saturation up with NVIDIA settings for FSX/P3D. FSX and especially P3D is unnaturally desaturated, I think it looks bad like that. I supposed for people who are used to it the default way, my shots might look quite saturated.

More screens for you all:

9vbfr9.jpg

2qiy5a1.jpg

Fantastic work indeed. Hope it is not too hard on frame rate.
I like the water reflection on the ground. It is new feature of P3Dv3, isn't it? Haven't try it yet.

Yes it's a new feature. I'm not sure how far back it goes though, I thought it was available for P3Dv2. Tried it with V2.1 but it didn't work. Does anyone know exactly what version of P3D did the newer P3D ground polygons are supported from? The FPS are good, better in P3D than FSX, due to the fact the FS2002 ground polygons are legacy and REALLY inefficient when they are rendered in the game.

Umm, make that 2. No wait, that bar looks very well stocked. A drink for everyone - it's on me.

Don't go drinking and flying! lol.

Looks great! But you do realize 6 months after you release it you will need to redo it? :)
KBLI continues to grow like a weed! The changes have been amazing in the last 5-6 years.

CK

It has changed a lot since the first time I went there! It is up to date except for the fact that a Holiday Inn is being built by terminal area. I'll add that in eventually with an update, I'll have to wait for them to build it first. An excuse to have another KBLI -> KLAS holiday!

mendiola_loyola

Resource contributor
Country
peru
Thank you very much for the information.
Congratulation for your scenery.

Regards
Alfredo Mendiola Loyola
Lima, Peru

Country
france
I would love to create scenery like you ;) reflective puddle, bump maps etc this are this I don't know how to create them :)

ASim