• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Bergerac LFBE airport

Country
netherlands
Bergerac LFBE (Roumaniere Airport) in France

:DHello.

My name is Linden and I am new to this forum.
I trying to develop LFBE (Rouaniere Airport) in France.
I have quite a lot of experienceWith drawning, and it seemed fun to make a scenery for the airport of Bergerac (LFBE) in France for FSX and FS9.
if I succeed to make this airport, It will be a freeware scenery.
I try to make the building layout so exactly right, like in reality, but that's a little bit difficult, because there are few pictures of the builgings on the internet.
so I have to improvise some objects, and parts of the terminals.
I have no experience with ground poly's or BGL converting yet, so i have to take some lessons in that.
How this seems already?
All buildings are created in Google Sketchup
Here are my first screenshots.
I hope you like it.

Enjoy!:)

13103264620.png

The old terminal

1310326509-430.jpg

The new terminal

1310323650-890.jpg

1310324436-410.png

1310324505-920.png

1310324592-340.png

Last edited:
Country
netherlands
Hello Devinci.

Thanks for your reply.
It seems me a nice project to start with
I have not tried to export it yet.
Because a half years back I started with Google SketchUp, and then I made a fictive SVLO airport terminal, which I tried to export with model converter, and BGL converter, but unfortunately it did not, so if I'm ready with the project, I think I need some help on export, when it's ready.

Last edited:
Country
luxembourg
Woow! I like your work!

Costum Textures, nicely done airport!
Keep us here up-to-date! That you are doing it for FS9 & FSX is great. Just a little question at this stage:
Is it possible to you to make the airport ready for Oliver Pabst Airport Enhancement Services? If you are interested take a look here.

Thanks Kevin

Country
senegal
Hello Devinci.

Thanks for your reply.
It seems me a nice project to start with
I have not tried to export it yet.
Because a half years back I started with Google SketchUp, and then I made a fictive SVLO airport terminal, which I tried to export with model converter, and BGL converter, but unfortunately it did not, so if I'm ready with the project, I think I need some help on export.

Alright. I hope you have already seen the tutorial in the wiki on how to export from sketchup? It's gonna be useful. If you ever want to learn for gmax I have some video tutorials on my youtube channel on how to make scenery including ground polys.

Country
netherlands
Thanks for your reply guys.

First i going to create the buildings, and than, i have to learn how to make ground polygons, and then i have to learn how to export it from google sketchup, and make it AES compitable, these are interesting tutorials.
This is the first time i make something like this.
It will be a lot of work, to learn and create it.
I'll keep you up to date guys!:)

Thanks.

linden.

Last edited:
Country
france
Hi Linden,

This airport will be a very nice addition to French sceneries and will please a lot of people.
What you have created so far looks really good! Here are a few hints to help you export the scenery to FSX:

Once your 3D and texture work is over, you are ready to export from Sketchup:

1) File -> Export -> 3D model -> give a name to your file and export it as a COLLADA (.dae)

2) Then you need to convert it as an FSX MDL object. I use the excellent ModelConverterX by Arno.
Import your COLLADA file. At that stage, you need to use the Mass Texture Editor (located under the WIZARDS button). You'll see that ModelConverter renamed your textures like "texture0.bmp", "texture1.bmp", and so on. So you'll need to rename them to their original names. Once done, click on "update", and your textures are ready.
If you have night textures, there is a simple step to perform: open the Material Editor (located near the Mass texture editor), scroll down until you find the line "Nightmap texture", and there you can add your night texture. Do this for the other textures as well.

3) Export your work as an FSX MDL object.

Now you need to place your airport in FSX. There are many programs you can use fot that matter. I use SbuilderX or Whisplacer. SbuilderX is maybe easier because you can place your objects with the help of satellite images. So here is how to place your scenery with SbuilderX:

4) Once SbuilderX is configured (easy to do with the program's help files) you can start a new project. Then click on view -> show background. You will get sat images from Portugal. Navigate to Bergerac to have a view of the airport.
Now you can import your FSX MDL object: click on tools -> object. Click on the airport on the sat image, the Sbuilder Object properties window will open. Go to "other objects" , "MDL model" and browse until you find your FSX MDL object you created with ModelConverterX. The last step is to give the object the correct heading in the "general" tab still in the Object properties window.
Once done, you need to export your .bgl (the green arrow "bgl compile").

5) Put your .bgl file in the scenery folder of your scenery, and the .dds textures create by ModelConverterX in the texture folder of your scenery.

That's it :D

This is a small tutorial from a newbie scenery designer, I hope i did not forget anything. If that is the case, I know the experienced scenery gurus here will rectify if anything is wrong up there :p

Can't wait to see this scenery in FSX, all the best for the further development of the scenery :)

Regards,

Country
netherlands
Thanks Thomas32

It will be a great scenery, the converting will be al lot of study, and work.
Thanks for the hints.

Linden.

Country
netherlands
Thanks Air holland.
It will be a great scenery.
I'm now study the tutorials, and hints.

linden.

Last edited:
Country
netherlands
The work is going nicely, i'm now adding the photoreal textures of the new terminal.
enjoy the screenshots!:)

1310556387-780.png

1310556461-410.png

dsdsdsdsdsdsdsdsdsdsds.png

fffffffffffffk.png

stopbord.png

Thanks guys, the tutorials has helped me very very good, i can now import my terminal model in FSX at LFBE, and i'm still working hard on it, i like to do this!
Other airport builings will follow. and i have to move them all to the right places.

Here are some new screenshots enjoy!

2011722235746506.png

2011724205922867.png

2011728191762.png

Last edited:
Country
france
Hi Linden,

Looks like the work on Bergerac is going well! The new terminal textures are wonderful. Really can't wait to download it! :D

Country
netherlands
Thanks guys.

The work is going very nicely, i like it, to do this project.
At this moment i am working hard on the night textures for the buildings, and apron lights
Also airport objects, and cars:)

linden

Last edited:
Country
netherlands
Do someone know how to add night textures, and what kind of program i can use for it?
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Country
france
For the night textures, I use modelconverterX to add them to my model.
First create your night textures from your day textures ( put a black or black/orange layer, with multiply option - this is very useful for creating night textures).

nighthelp.jpg

Once your night textures are done, you need to simply tell ModelconverterX that they need to be integrated in the scenery:

Go in the material editor, select a texture, scroll down until you find "nightmap texture" in the "textures" option. That's it :)

Best regards,

Country
netherlands
Thanks for your reply Thomas.
I will try this, this advice will help me very well
what kind of program did you use in that screenshot?

Last edited:
Country
netherlands
Screenshot looks like Adobe Photoshop.

Too bad this project never got any further, it was looking good.

Country
netherlands
Hi Patrick,

Sorry for the late reply
I am not very active on the forum right now, because i am very busy with other things, but behind the screens, the work is going on,

Here are some screenshots of LFBE v2 with big updates, to a real matching airport
with:
2ztbqu1.jpg

11m9n46.jpg

2100pjc.jpg

34payq8.jpg

photo background

custom runway and taxiways

scasm runway lightning

custom buildings

correct layout of the entire airport and much more!

Last edited: