• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS best way to add lights to google map biuldings to export to msfs

Country
japan
HI
I import over 20 buildings from google maps and add to msfs but I try different ways to add lights to the buildings windows change color but never show on msfs, I did transparent squares over the building's windows and put in blender as a emission surface but doesn't work
i m a beginner in the blender so do you guys know what the best way to add it?

thanks

Country
sweden
It would be a massiv job, but what I did was to bake the textures to one main texture, then uv paint the 3D model for example red color on the windows in blender.
Then I use photoshop to black out all, but the "red" windows in the uv image, change color of the "red" to what color you want to emit and and use this as a emission texture.
Above need some basic skills about UV unwrapping and image editing but that could be a solution.
This tutorial could be a good start.
Importing Google Maps 3D models data into Blender

Country
japan
It would be a massiv job, but what I did was to bake the textures to one main texture, then uv paint the 3D model for example red color on the windows in blender.
Then I use photoshop to black out all, but the "red" windows in the uv image, change color of the "red" to what color you want to emit and and use this as a emission texture.
Above need some basic skills about UV unwrapping and image editing but that could be a solution.
This tutorial could be a good start.
Importing Google Maps 3D models data into Blender
thanks for that help I ll gonna check, I find a way but I m not sure if is possible in blender

I try to get some windows texture on the internet and add to blender as a plane and put over the building's windows and assign all planes textures as emission and on the sim they show the light but doesn't look real during the day so i was thinking if is possible in blender to copy only the windows from the 3d model, not the textures (cause the textures are a mess cause the windows are cut in pieces ) I think if I could copy the windows from the 3d model add this windows textures over the model and assign to emission lights it will be a faster way, but I m not sure how I can do this due there's not any option to copy from the 3d model and on the internet only show from the textures way

Country
sweden
You need to join all mesh and bake the splitup texture into one. Then uv-paint the windows you want to get emission from.
Save the new texture and remove all but the painted areas.

Edit: This is just a suggestion. Other methods may be quicker better. If autogen could be used or if we could add autogen buildings that would be even better. Maybe the SDK will be updated soon with this info.

Last edited: