FSX Best way to place apron lights.

Hi guys,

Well I've got my runway light model and my attached light effects.

The light model is exported seperatly and I need to be able to place the lights in the correct positions, in line, using an object placement program. I can't place all the lights togeather in GMAX and the light effect will be wrong, Runway12 wasn't efficient as the lights ended up being placed all over the runway side and were'nt in a perfect line, any useful tools, not tried Whisplacer, but is there a program similar to Lago's FS Enhancer?

Thanks.

I think if you make you light model with his effect attached, you can place them with fsxkml, with the vector kml. as placing a road, what I don't know is what separation will assign to the objects.

Hi guys,

Well I've got my runway light model and my attached light effects.

The light model is exported separately and I need to be able to place the lights in the correct positions, in line, using an object placement program. I can't place all the lights together in GMAX and the light effect will be wrong, Runway12 wasn't efficient as the lights ended up being placed all over the runway side and weren't in a perfect line, any useful tools, not tried Whisplacer, but is there a program similar to Lago's FS Enhancer?

Thanks.
Hello:

You may wish to consider the options in this thread:

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showpost.php?p=235870&postcount=52

Also, in Airport Design Editor (aka "ADE"), one could place Taxiway lights, copy and edit the XML to instead use the existing object RefPoint coordinates for placement of custom MDL objects and Effects via appropriate XML coding. :idea:

Alternatively, one could place objects in lines with Jon Masterson's (aka Scruffyduck's) freeware utility: :wizard:

Library Object Manager (aka "LOM") Scenery Maker

"Placing A Line of Objects" - Page 71/96 in....

LIBRARY OBJECT MANAGER DOCUMENTATION version 1.00 ("LOM 100.pdf")

...or:

"Object Lines (Line Maker)" - Page 71/96 in....

DOCUMENTATION - SCENERY MAKER Version 1.00 ("Scenery Maker 100.pdf")

LOM is available via:

http://www.downloadcenter.scruffyduck.org.uk/

...then click on "Scruffyduck Utilities"

Once at the Location: Start / ScruffyDuck Utilities / page, click on "Library Object Manager"

On the Location: Start / ScruffyDuck Utilities / Library Object Manager / page, download and install all (3) items:

lom_100
Full Installer for Library Object Manager 1.00 for FS9 ZIP 6.71 MB 16:13 01-09-2009

lom_100_3
Update to Patch Library Object Manager 1.00 for FS9 to 1.00.3 ZIP 284 KB 16:21 01-09-2009

File lom_200_beta
Library Object Manager 2.00 for FSX

NOTE: IIRC, LOM uses a FS9 format XML output format; thus one may need to update the XML syntax for full compatibility with FSX SDK BGLComp if using decompiled LOM BGLs "edited" and ported to the FSX version.

Although IIUC, LOM FS9 format XML placement BGLs generated via FS9 SDK BGLComp do still work in FSX, one would need to use the FSX SDK BGLComp in order to utilize the FSX format GUID structures for FSX default or custom FSX MDLs in XML placement code. ;)

Hope this helps ! :)

GaryGB

Last edited: