Bet there isn't a simmer world wide that would not be envious of this

That's some airline for letting him do that.
I would expect they would require much more than his ID and pilots licence.

gfxpilot

Resource contributor
I agree -- guess we dont actually know who his contracted employer is but to come back with a confirmation that quick means EasyJet were comfortable

gfxpilot

Resource contributor
Are missed that bit , just loved the diy holiday approach from the guy. Wonder will he get a bonus for that one

That's some airline for letting him do that.
I would expect they would require much more than his ID and pilots licence.
Well he is a pilot for the airline so he obviously shown them or gave the number of his EASYJET PILOT ID................................. :banghead:

I fly on my computer with a glass of booze at the window sill, a cigarette in my left hand and the joystick at my right.
AP is engaged and the flightplan is doing what it should do.
Would not want to be a real airline pilot. That is boredom most of the time.
Whenever it gets boring on a long haul, I put the sim at 4x (not to lose the AI) and then I look around and enjoy the landscape while my wife prepares dinner.
No, Flightsimming is not anywhere like the real world experience!
:D

Cheers,

gfxpilot

Resource contributor
I fly on my computer with a glass of booze at the window sill, a cigarette in my left hand and the joystick at my right.
AP is engaged and the flightplan is doing what it should do.
Would not want to be a real airline pilot. That is boredom most of the time.
Whenever it gets boring on a long haul, I put the sim at 4x (not to lose the AI) and then I look around and enjoy the landscape while my wife prepares dinner.
No, Flightsimming is not anywhere like the real world experience!
:D

Cheers,
Whats the saying - A pilots life is 90% boredom 10% sheer terror ?

hairyspin

Resource contributor
Whats the saying - A pilots life is 90% boredom 10% sheer terror ?
Sometimes the boredom is greater. A Loganair pilot told me of a standard route to an Outer Hebridean airport from Glasgow which was takeoff, one turn, land. Flight time anout half an hour. Yawn!

DragonflightDesign

Resource contributor
Sometimes the boredom is greater. A Loganair pilot told me of a standard route to an Outer Hebridean airport from Glasgow which was takeoff, one turn, land. Flight time anout half an hour. Yawn!
GLA - BRR. BHD - GLA is the same but with a bit more taxi time thrown in at BHD. Oh - and the scenery isn't as pretty.

hairyspin

Resource contributor
That was probably it, although I see Loganair quote a 75 minute flight to Barra, that they do, but it's the Isles, you know — there's no hurry at aal, at aal.