• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX .bgl file confusion.

Country
england
Hi everyone, super newb Stewart here.

I've recently started dabbling in the fantastic ADE, and with the help of these forums, the help site, and FAQ's section i've got on fairly well, i'm plodding along nicely.

However the time has come for me to wear you all down with a question.

So, i'm updating my local airfield that i fly from (EGSV) and when i use the Library Object Manager i add an object, in this case it is a hangar.bgl file, however WITHIN this .bgl file(as listed in the LOM) there are three more .bgl files .001 .002 and .003.

By my newb reckoning this is a total of Four files. How do i add the hangar in this case? do i add all four bgl files or just add the main one?

I have kicked it about a bit, if i add all four then there are three individual hangars on the airfield, they all seem to have different textures, and probably have to be submitted "as one" to make one, but i can't see how to do this.

I hope this makes senseo_O

Thank you in anticipation.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Does it looks something like this?

1588498232315.png

If so then the three you see in the lower box are individual objects. ADE can't find a name for them (probably FS9 object library) so it lists them by number. Means your hanger.bgl file has three objects in it and you select the one you want to place.

If you are doing Add > Library Object then the dialog looks a bit different but essentially pick the object you want

1588498433416.png

If this is not the case then please zip up and post the hangar.bgl file and attach it to a post here so that I can look at it myself

Country
england
Thank you for the very quick reply! yes, that is exactly what it looks like, although there are no thumbnails to view, i didn't realise that the airfield objects i have were from FSX9.

It makes sense now, the good of it is at least i have a choice of hangars to play with.

Thanks again, Stu.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Thumbnails are separate. You can download thumbnail packs for this page: https://www.scruffyducksoftware.com/shop-and-downloads They may contain your hangar objects. Download the pack for FSX unless you are actually working with FS9. Objects compiled for FSX generally have names as part of the object which makes things a bit easier

1588502566725.png

Country
england
Ok thanks very much for that i will give that a bash, sorry about above,wrong finger ...