BGLC.exe size of source file

Hi guys,
I'm working with somewhat large ASM files with VTP1 poly's; over 300000 lines is no exception. BGLC.exe (8.00 and _9) calls it a day at 65534 apparently...

Microsoft (R) Flight Simulator BGL Compiler Version 8.00
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1981-2002. All rights reserved.

Assembling: c:\temp\name\scenery\927180_vtp_8.azm
c:\temp\name\scenery\927180_vtp_8.bgs(65534) : error A2071: initializer magnitude too large for specified size
VTPPointXYUV(5): Macro Called From
c:\temp\name\scenery\927180_vtp_8.bgs(65534): Include File
Are there any options or tweaks I can do to extend the range?
Or maybe instead of a new line for each point there is a separator to place multiple points on 1 line?

Last edited:

rhumbaflappy

Staff member
Resource contributor
Hi Sander.

I don't have any examples of a VTP1 poly file that is of that size, so I cannot verify or test anything about it. I can compile FS9 LWM3 polys and VTP2 shorelines of sizes greater than 65534.

I'll look at the macros, and see if there is a problem there. It seems the BGLC compiler would be fine, if it can handle the FS9 polys and lines.

Dick

Hiya, thanks for the prompt reply,
I just found the cause and got it fixed; I let some poly's sneak through that had just 3 points with the exact same coordinates but different UV... that won't work :). Dealing with files this size and error messages that vague, it gets a bit harder to debug....
BTW this was for LOD 5_27_18 Virginia/DC; one of the busiest ones! I used your LOD5_Image tool for an sBuilder map, but haven't found an easy way to calibrate it yet.

rhumbaflappy

Staff member
Resource contributor
The image for 5_27_18 should have a .txt file in the same folder. This is the calibration, so when SBuilder9 notifies you that you may need to calibrate the images, just click cancel. It should be aligned.

Dick