Blender 2.70, Blender2FSX Tools (Video Tutorials)

I have been in CAD for years, mainly drawing 2D houses. I have TurboCAD Pro Platinum. I had never grasped how I would create an actual rounded fuselage of a say 777 nose section in CAD. I watched the video's hoping to get a handle on how I would go about doing that with Blender, but drawing a square tubed plane never hit on how I would get that shaped. All I need really is the nose section for the cockpit area.
I have been working on doing a Boeing 777 cockpit so I can add a cockpit that is more to my liking to the 777-9X. I have some scale drawings of the nose section from the outside of a 777-300. They are saved from CAD in PNG format. From tip of nose to back wall of cockpit is 13.619117 feet. thanks for any help in showing me even where I would start on this in Blender
Boeing 777_9X Cockpit 3D.png

Thanks

Rick

So far this is my progress with the cockpit. After I get this down and get more information on the 777-9X cockpit I want to attempt to get a true cockpit for it. Would also like to move on to doing a 767 cockpit for the freeware 767 to give it a cockpit it deserves. I threw in a picture of it imported into Blender.

RPB28.JPG RPB27.JPG RPB18.JPG

I am starting to get this now, if I'll stop forgetting to limit my scale to the axis I want to scale. I might already be done if it were not for forgetting that one thing. I get it looking good from the left view and move to top, get the top looking good and go to have a look at it in 3D....every other 2 I guess I forget. Fix it and move on.

Rick

krispy1001

Resource contributor
I am starting to get this now, if I'll stop forgetting to limit my scale to the axis I want to scale. I might already be done if it were not for forgetting that one thing. I get it looking good from the left view and move to top, get the top looking good and go to have a look at it in 3D....every other 2 I guess I forget. Fix it and move on.

Rick
Hi Rick!

I am very sorry that I did not see your post until now. SORRY!!!!! But by looking at your images that you have posted it looks like you are doing a great job.

Thanks, Kris :)