• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Blender 2.8 setup for FSX

Dietmar

Resource contributor
Country
germany
I am a user of GMAX for my developments for scenery models and aircraft models. I am now looking for an alternative 3D tool to use it for FSX model addon developments. So, I thought that
Blender may be the tool for me. I downloaded and installed Blender 2.8 with no problems on my Windows 10 system. As next I looked for a plugin to interface with FSX means to generate a mdl file
out of Blender. So I found the toolset Blender2FSX/P3D version 0.9.5 as the latest which I am not sure if it is the correct one for Blender 2.8. Anyway I tried to install it for Blender 2.8 even I have not found a description/tutorial on how to do it. So I followed instructions for integrating the toolset for Blender 2.79 which I am not sure to got it correct. I got it so far that Blender showed me this result:

Blender.jpg

As you see it tells me to upgrade to 2.8 which I am already on. So I think the toolset is not correct installed or the toolset is still just for Blender 2.7xx .

So my questions are this:

1. The toolset ! What is the correct toolset for Blender 2.8 and how is the install procedure ?
2. How do I get to interface with the FSX SDL XMLdef library with Blender ?

All in all I found a lot of tutorials/Documents on how to use and start with Blender 2.8, but could not found any hep/info for my questions above. May be I have something overseen ?
Thanks fo any help in advance.

Dietmar

Country
france
the version name is not correct
2.8 is not 2.79+0.1
is more like Blender 3.0

all change so actual tool for 2.x series not work

Envoyé de mon SNE-LX1 en utilisant Tapatalk

Dietmar

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Thanks for your reply. I understand what you are proposing, but it is not my intention to move to an old Blender Version which will be phased out soon and looks very much different as V2.8. If the toolset for 2.8 does not exist up to now, I am just going to wait and see. May be things are looking also very different with the upcoming FS2020. May be I just waste my time trying to learn Blender.

Dietmar

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
The Blender2FSXP3D Toolset was written for Blender v2.79b. There isn't a toolset for Blender v2.80 or later at this time. Concerning what FS2020 will use as for an SDK, no one can answer that.

If you have the know and or will to write in python for a new toolset, or anyone else does for that matter... by all means do so.

Country
china
Hopefully the tool for blender 2.80 will come out soon since Steam has automatedly upgrade Blender to 2.80.

Country
unitedkingdom
The error message is telling you that the script needs to be updated to 2.8.x, not Blender itself.