Blender 2.81 and FSX/P3D Toolset

Dietmar

Resource contributor
Hi Vitus,
I very much hope that you are successful with your attempt to make the FSX/P3D toolset workable for the V2.8 of Blender. I did a basic test by using the Collada format for exporting a
simple model, and using MCX to generate a mdl file. That would work for an scenery model/bgl file. The problem however is the XMLdef part in order to generate a mdl file for an
aircraft model. Looking for the upcoming FS2020 and the new SDK for it, I am not sure if it will include the FSX Gamepack which still allows to use GMAX . Even a working Blender V2.8
toolset seems not to be a guarantee being supported by the new FS2020. But I guess that Blender will be a more promising candidate as GMAX for the new sim. So, I cross my fingers for your work.

Dietmar

Quick fyi:
Some more changes to the UI of the toolkit:

I translated the Material panel to the new format too. This is how you can now switch between PBR and specular material:

I shuffled the different properties around a bit to closely resemble the MAX toolkit (specular material):

I am now stuck with the Exporter. It takes me some time to get the material exported. Blender 2.8 got rid of some of the properties like texture intensity, specular hardness etc. Furthermore, the new node system seems to make it necessary to re-write the parts of the code where the filenames of textures are written into the x-file.

So.... keep patient, it's coming, albeit slowly.

On a side-note: how do you pronounce "comparable"?

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Very Nice Vitus!

I can hear the wolves outside the door... with their mouth-watering..... :p:rotfl:

Looks good to me Vitus. Keep up the good work. The pronunciation of comparable is com with a short o sound. Par is the same as pair of items or pear the fruit. Able is pronounced with the a having a short u sound.

Ed

As Bill has correctly noted we speak the King's English with different tongues here in the U.S. of A. Tomato and pecan are a couple more of the words that we have more than one pronunciation for.

Is this really just something between BE and AE? I think I've heard both Brits and Americans use either of the pronunciations interchangeably. o_O

Hi. Sorry for the question, I am anxious for the addon for blender 2.8X. What would be the estimated time for this addon. And thanks for porting it to 2.8X.

Hi guys,
I had to take a break for some time now for personal reasons. The current status is that I started re-writing the exporter part of the tool to be compliant with the new Blender API. I am about half-way there, but there's still a bit of code to go through. I'm sorry for the delay, but it'll get done - hopefully soon.
:duck:

Deano1973

Resource contributor
Hi guys,
I had to take a break for some time now for personal reasons. The current status is that I started re-writing the exporter part of the tool to be compliant with the new Blender API. I am about half-way there, but there's still a bit of code to go through. I'm sorry for the delay, but it'll get done - hopefully soon.
:duck:
You're doing an awesome job and we're lucky that you're doing it at all. Take your time :)