• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Blender 2.8x and FSX/P3D Toolset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vitus

Resource contributor
Country
newzealand
1584098988386.png

Country
ecuador
Hi Vitus...!

Seriously..., the community is very lucky to have people like you, who don't count your hours to allow us to satisfy our passion for modeling for our favorite simulators...! A huge thank you for you, from the very small SwissMilSim team...!

Vitus

Resource contributor
Country
newzealand
You are too kind, thank you for that!

If someone likes to help, please see this:

spotlope

FSDevConf team
Country
portugal
I'd be happy to contribute, but every MDL I've made in the last 5 years has been generated by Blender and the previous version of the add-on.

Vitus

Resource contributor
Country
newzealand
In this case I'd be not so interested in the X-file, but some Blender 2.79 samples with both specular and pbr material would be great! The models don't have to be big, a car or something similar would be enough. For this, I am looking for models that have worked fine in Blender 2.79 and exported alright to the sim. So... I'm keen if you could help out, that'd be great!

spotlope

FSDevConf team
Country
portugal
In this case I'd be not so interested in the X-file, but some Blender 2.79 samples with both specular and pbr material would be great! The models don't have to be big, a car or something similar would be enough. For this, I am looking for models that have worked fine in Blender 2.79 and exported alright to the sim. So... I'm keen if you could help out, that'd be great!

Oh, no problem. I have the perfect object for you. I'll send it over.

Vitus

Resource contributor
Country
newzealand
The reason why I'd also like to see a MAX-generated X-file is the following:
From what I can gather, the Blender 2.79 addon still uses the FSX header for the material. I want to modify the exporter in a way that the resulting X-file looks identical to a Max file that uses the latest P3D SDK.

spotlope

FSDevConf team
Country
portugal
The reason why I'd also like to see a MAX-generated X-file is the following:
From what I can gather, the Blender 2.79 addon still uses the FSX header for the material. I want to modify the exporter in a way that the resulting X-file looks identical to a Max file that uses the latest P3D SDK.

I just uploaded some files for you and sent you a PM with what's there and how to get them. Good luck!

Country
malaysia
A newer version of toolset has been released for testing purpose. You may find the information here:

I have tried this out with my 2.82 model. Just a few objects like the main wings, fuselage, and canopy. The canopy has basic animation to it. It all worked pretty good, well into ModelConverter. This is so cool so far, thanks a lot for all the work.

One question and I am assuming it is something I am doing wrong or did wrong. The P3D/FSX tab doesn't show up in the Default View. It is there in all the other views like 3D View Full, etc. Even created a new tab called Layout and it shows up there. Not a big deal but I did like the Default tab to work in. Is there something I need to do to have the tab show up on that view?

Vitus

Resource contributor
Country
newzealand
I'm really happy it all works for you!

I believe the Default view is something from Blender 2.79. If you start a blank project from a fresh Blender 2.8 installation, you start off with the Layout view. I've seen the "default view" only if I import an older project. The way you display a custom panel from within an addon is that you need to tell it where the panel applies. The Blender2P3DFSX addon uses "View3D" for this and if the "Default View" in your project uses a different keyword, the panel won't appear. So, not much I can do from my end I'm afraid.

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
In the default view of which Blender is he referring to? V2.82 or v2.79, within v2.82 the default view it doesn't until you press 'N' key.

Thanks for the reply.

I knew it was something that I did. The model was originally done in 2.79 and I brought it into 2.8 when I found out about multi-object texturing. I'll just have to learn to get use to one of the other views that it does show up in and modify the look of that view to the default one.

Again, thanks.

Vitus

Resource contributor
Country
newzealand
In the default view of which Blender is he referring to? V2.82 or v2.79, within v2.82 the default view it doesn't until you press 'N' key.
When you open Blender 2.79, you're presented with a "default". In Blender 2.8, is now replaced by the "Layout" view. Converting a scene from 2.79 to 2.8x will also import your scene's layout (which by the way may cause you some confusion later on, because in 2.8 the default position of various UI elements changed). It is possible that the "default" view from 2.79 is of the wrong type, which is why the panel might not show up.

Country
malaysia
When you open Blender 2.79, you're presented with a "default". In Blender 2.8, is now replaced by the "Layout" view. Converting a scene from 2.79 to 2.8x will also import your scene's layout (which by the way may cause you some confusion later on, because in 2.8 the default position of various UI elements changed). It is possible that the "default" view from 2.79 is of the wrong type, which is why the panel might not show up.
Could you please explain more how can we make use of the Source file from Blender 2.79 in Blender 2.8 without any problem like missing FSX/P3D toolset.

Vitus

Resource contributor
Country
newzealand
Honestly, I dont' know. There must be a way to import the Blender 2.8 ui settings to a 2.79 scene, but I have no idea. If someone has a solution, please share it with us!

Status
Not open for further replies.