• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Blender launch bar lug / pivot attachpt? (SOLVED)

Deano1973

Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Hi folks, super quick question for the experts; where are the attachpt_launch_bar_lug / pivot entries in Blender? Can't find them under effects, visibility, nuffink. I've checked out one or two tutorials that use 3DS Max and they cheerfully direct us to add empty objects and then attach the attachpts described - they must be in there somewhere for Blender too but, alas, where?

Deano1973

Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
No takers for this one? The list of available attachpts must be somewhere but can't see them in the modeldef.xml or similar.

Deano1973

Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Ok, after much scouting around and for anybody who finds this thread while struggling with the same issue, from the FSDeveloper wiki;

Note
The attach points for carrier operations are not included in the list of options in the attach point tool.
These need to be manually entered as an empty attach point.

I've performed this already but they don't show up in MCX and the launch bar doesn't work, so will continue to investigate until it's solved fully.

Deano1973

Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
OK, I have solved the issues and everything is animated and performing correctly. There were several, but one glaring error was that MCX corrupts the launch-bar animation when doing any further conversions from the Blender model after compiling. Not sure why that was but removing that step helped sort things out. It's an involved process to make the launch bar work correctly so I will create an illustrated tutorial and post it in the resources section within a few days so that other Blender modelers can see how to organise the heirachy of parts and avoid some of the pitfalls I discovered along the way :)

Launch3.png

Landing2.png

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
You might want to tell @arno either by PM or other method about the tags that are missing within MCX.

This could also help in what needs to be added in the Blender2fsxp3d toolset as well.

Deano1973

Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
You might want to tell @arno either by PM or other method about the tags that are missing within MCX.

This could also help in what needs to be added in the Blender2fsxp3d toolset as well.

The tags are there Doug, it's the animation that seems to be upset after conversion. I'll have to make sure it's not something I'm doing wrong beforehand, but if I can confirm it's a bug I'll definitely let Arno know