• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Blender positioning

Country
sweden
hi everyone.
quick question. as i am working on my first ever aircraft i have a problem. it should be noted that this is also the first time i am doing something seriuse in Blender.

my question is, why can't I position the object (Cube) so it matches the background image both the right and front side.

hope you all understand my question. to make it a bit clearer I took some pictures on the problem.

Attachments

• Skärmklipp.PNG
    Skärmklipp.PNG
    369.4 KB · Views: 402
  • Skärmklipp1.PNG
    Skärmklipp1.PNG
    301 KB · Views: 397
  • Skärmklipp2.PNG
    Skärmklipp2.PNG
    338.9 KB · Views: 435
  • Skärmklipp3.PNG
    Skärmklipp3.PNG
    235.2 KB · Views: 349

Dutcheeseblend

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
You should move the background image for every respective view at the correct location. From what I can see at your screenshots, you're already doing that.

Make sure the Y axis runs through the engine axis, and that the center is located at the AC (aerodynamic center).

Country
us-ohio
In Blender, Each View has its own Image. and each Image has to be loaded Separately for the View You want to use it for . When You load the Image, You select the axis (View) You want to use it for, so You can Position it Separately for Your Geometry . This is well Explained in the Blender Guru Tutorials . Hope this Helps ! How about some WIPs - Johnman

Ronald

Resource contributor
Here are my tips on how to align the views and get started

1.jpg

1 - Draw the X,Y,Z axis on your three-view / aircraft blueprint before importing into Blender

2.jpg

2a - Set your Blender 3D cursor to 0,0,0
This will be the center of your Blender aircraft model and helps you to align the background images to your model's origin.

2b - Import the background drawing(s) into Blender and add them to the correct Axis (or View)

3.jpg

3 - Adjust the X, Y (image-background) position, so that the Axis of the background-image EXACTLY matches the 3D Cursors 0,0,0 location.
Then adjust the rotation and scale/size of the background-image to the scale of your Blender model.

4.jpg

4 - Switch to [Quad View]

5.jpg

5a - Check if the SCALE of all background images are EXACTLY right!
5b - Check if all background images are perfectly (make a 90 degree angle) perpendicular to each-other.

This is of VITAL importance, otherwise you keep messing around if the are not exactly

why can't I position the object (Cube) so it matches the background image both the right and front side.
If you have CENTERED all the background images with your 3D cursor (at 0,0,0) and NOT MOVED the 3D Cursor, then (all new objects) the Cube will be inserted exactly in the middle of each view.

TIP1: Since this is your first Blender model, start viewing Krispy's "Blender2FSX" video's on Youtube over here: (a must watch for beginners)!
- https://www.youtube.com/user/kpgamemods/videos?flow=grid&view=0&sort=da

TIP2: Download my free "Getting started with Blender guide" over here:
- http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/resources/blender2fsx-toolkit-getting-started-guide.191/
This guide helps you to get going with Blender, Blender add-ons, e-book and contains many links to Blender resources online

Keep those screenshots coming!