• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v4 Blender to P3D ToolSet - *To be retired - NEW FSX ver with P3D"

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
Hello...

Why uninstall when I don't see anyone suggesting to do... is it possible for you to share the .blend file?

Country
us-vermont
I just uninstalled it because I thought a fresh install of blender and blender2P3D should help with something, and it's not really a specific .blend file that's causing me trouble. When I am testing the issue, I go into blender and initalize toolset with a GUID made and a friendly name, then I export with the .mdl and log verbose boxes ticked and then I get an error message with a .x file of around 8KB

Country
canada
I don't know what is wrong now. Try deleting the p3d scripts from the blender scripts add on folder. Including the sub folder for p3d in the add on. You may have a bad install of blender2p3d.

Next make sure you save the blender file first. The select log verbose and log file. also export mdl. Export animations. Don't select skin mesh or scenery.

Export the mdl to the same folder as your blender file. You should see a log file. Now. The log file is not created if you do not save a blender file first. I will have to fix that.

Country
us-vermont
Sorry if I may not have understood correctly, but what i did was delete anything that had to do with P3D under addons, I then saved a .blend file from the clean install of blender and put it into a file folder on my desktop. Then I put the addon into my Addons folder and then prepared it for exporting with the friendly name, GUID and toolset. Then I selected .mdl, log file and log verbose to export, but I ran into the same problem. I will try on another computer to see if it is only an error with my computer.

Country
us-vermont
Ok, I guess I'm back to square one, this is slightly embarrassing but the other computer does not have .net framework and it's already limited in space so.

EDIT: In blender, are there any paths to any SDK files that I need to fill in, I currently do not have any paths within blender to point to the SDK and most of these errors seem to be file not found errors

Country
canada
It should.find the sdk on its own. You showed me the correct registry and files berore. All was okay before you deleted things. So I am unsure of your current setup. I cannot reproduce your error. So I can't suggest a fix.

Open blend. Delete the light source delete the camera. Save cude as initialize toolset. Create guide. Set friendly name. Save blend file. Export select log file. Select verboss. Select mdl. Export save to tesrbox.x in same folder as blend file. On blender toggle console. See if you get info there. Otherwise log file should be in same folder as blend file.

Country
us-vermont
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "F:\Blender\2.78\scripts\addons\io_scene_p3d\__init__.py", line 267, in execute
Exporter.Export()
File "F:\Blender\2.78\scripts\addons\io_scene_p3d\export_p3d.py", line 242, in Export
Object.Write()
File "F:\Blender\2.78\scripts\addons\io_scene_p3d\export_p3d.py", line 1072, in Write
self.__WriteMesh(Mesh)
File "F:\Blender\2.78\scripts\addons\io_scene_p3d\export_p3d.py", line 1195, in __WriteMesh
self.__WriteMeshMaterials(Mesh)
File "F:\Blender\2.78\scripts\addons\io_scene_p3d\export_p3d.py", line 1623, in __WriteMeshMaterials
WriteMaterial(self.Exporter, Material)
File "F:\Blender\2.78\scripts\addons\io_scene_p3d\export_p3d.py", line 1532, in WriteMaterial
Exporter.File.Write(" {:9f}; // Final alpha value\n" .format(Material.fsxm_falphamult * 255.0))
AttributeError: 'Material' object has no attribute 'fsxm_falphamult'

That's what I get in the console window. I don't think there's really much else to say about this because the code is perfectly fine if it's working for so many other people but for some reason, my computer decides not to function with this program. The program is already able to locate the SDK but for some reason, the files it wants to use in the SDK are probably doing something wrong to be displaying these messages.

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
Hello...

Sounds like maybe a permission issue.... Try running as admin...

Country
canada
Just guessing here. Close blender. Try deleting the __init__.py file - it should be created on it's own.

Post your blend file here. I will try to reproduce on my machine.

Country
ecuador
Hello Ronh,

First, a big bravo to continue the Blender to FSX, Rohn and Krispy. I realized a Morane completely under blender thanks to you ...!

I test for the first time this Blender3P3D v3 and v4 ...! I have not read the entire messages, but my first question is: "Attachpont Toll" should work? Because attachpoints like "visibility" and "Mouse Rect" no longer work on my model, while it works correctly with Blender2FSX ...

Chris

spotlope

FSDevConf team
Country
portugal
Hello Ronh,

First, a big bravo to continue the Blender to FSX, Rohn and Krispy. I realized a Morane completely under blender thanks to you ...!

I test for the first time this Blender3P3D v3 and v4 ...! I have not read the entire messages, but my first question is: "Attachpont Toll" should work? Because attachpoints like "visibility" and "Mouse Rect" no longer work on my model, while it works correctly with Blender2FSX ...

Chris

This might be related to my earlier post about not being able to attach light effects using the Attachpoint tool. It does seem that something has gone wrong.

Country
ecuador
What a pity...! I will have to continue my work with only Blender2FSX ...!

Thank you for your very quick reply ...!

Country
canada
I will look into this. Is this an issue where it worked in v3 and not in v4. Blender2FSX and Blender2P3D should be the same code except for P3D SDK. Perhaps this is a P3D SDK issue? Is there a simple example you could provide me?

Krispy is working on a version where both P3D and FSX are under one code base. May have to wait for that.

Country
ecuador
I found exactly the same problem under P3Dv3 and v4 ...; both versions of Blender3P3D have been tested ...! And unfortunately, I do not have a "simple" model to present ... My model is a whole aircraft ...!

And as you say, maybe the new version of Krispy will solve the problem, because I do not think it comes from the SDK of P3D ...!

And thanks, Ronh, for this BlenderToP3D! This opens fantastic doors to the developer community ...:)

Country
us-vermont
When I press "initialize toolset" should it be showing up in the console that I did so? Because when I click on "initialize toolset" nothing comes up in the console but something does come up when I press on the GUID button

Country
ecuador
I will try this....! Thank you.... But, to redo my attachpoints, only with BlendertoP3D? Or BlenderToFSX AND BlenderToP3D...?

Last edited:
Country
ecuador
Hi Ronh,

Yes it works ...! :) But I can not take over the whole of a model to transform it by reloading all attachpoints and animations: too much work!

On the other hand, for my new project, BlenderToP3D looks perfect! I congratulate Ronh and Krspy again ...

Country
us-vermont
Same issue even with animations and materials with light source and camera deleted. Could this be a problem with me not having a developer license for P3D? I just have an academic license because I didn't think it was worth paying more just to get rid of a watermark (probably not the only difference between academic and professional) but not a developer license, just the free SDK.