• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Blender2FSX After Blender 2.75a Crash (CLOSED)

Country
us-idaho
Checking in to see if anyone has moved forward to Blender 2.78a ? And if so if exports have been successful?

- Joseph

Dave_W

Resource contributor
Yes. I have exported a very simple animated scenery object without any problems.

Country
canada
Krispy,

I am looking at my Blender2P3d coide and comparing it to your Blender2FSX v.8.6. Someone has an issue with my version exporting animations. You have :

Code:
    #TODO: prompt before action is taken
    def execute(self, context):
        self.sceneobjects = context.scene.objects
        for ob in self.sceneobjects:
            if ob.type == 'ARMATURE':
                ob.f = ""                                 <<<=============  ??
                ob.fsx_anim_length = "0"
                for bone in ob.data.bones:
                    bone.fsx_anim_tag = ""
                    bone.fsx_anim_length = "0"
            else:
                ob.fsx_anim_tag = ""
                ob.fsx_anim_length = "0"
        self.report({'WARNING'}, "All animation tags cleared!")

return {'FINISHED'}

I have :

Code:
    #TODO: prompt before action is taken
    def execute(self, context):
        self.sceneobjects = context.scene.objects
        for ob in self.sceneobjects:
            if ob.type == 'ARMATURE':
                ob.p3d_anim_tag = ""               <=============== different (ignore p3d text)
                ob.p3d_anim_length = "0"
                for bone in ob.data.bones:
                    bone.p3d_anim_tag = ""
                    bone.p3d_anim_length = "0"
            else:
                ob.p3d_anim_tag = ""
                ob.p3d_anim_length = "0"
        self.report({'WARNING'}, "All animation tags cleared!")

return {'FINISHED'}

Is this correct?

krispy1001

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
Hi Mr. Ronh!

Yes, this is correct. I do not see how the code segment above could have any issues. It is the very same code other than the variable names. I would ask the person that is having the problem if they have modified the modeldef file? I would also suggest them to try using the FSX modeldef file when using P3D's SDK. And see if they get the same errors.

Thanks,Kris :=)

krispy1001

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
Hi Blender users!

I have just uploaded an updated version to the Blender2FSX tool-set. You can download it from the first page of this thread. New added feature <NoAutogenSuppression /> has been added for those developers that use blender for scenery projects. New feature was requested by " FSX3D ".

I also fixed a bug that was found with adding mouse rectangles.

I have uploaded my test file to this message. You can use it to see how to apply the new function.

Thanks, Kris

Attachments

• PlatFormTest.zip
    122.1 KB · Views: 240
Last edited:

dave hoeffgen

Resource contributor
Country
germany
New added feature <NoAutogenSuppression /> has been added for those developers that use blender for scenery projects.
  1. Maybe it made sense if all of these flags (NoCrash, NoShadow) are included as an option.
  2. In my case as I (among other things) use it for autogen objects, drawcall batching as an export option would be useful. Not sure though if it is done in the .x file or by x2mdl
  3. I found a bug in the final alpha multiply property (sometimes used on aicraft) which I was able to fix in my copy. Shall I providethe details/where?
Thanks a lot for the effort, really appreciated! :)

Country
france
It does not seem to work for me
We also do not see "No_Autogen_Suppression" in XML

I did several tests

I check "No_Autogen_Suppression" and then "Attach" in Blender

Thank you for your efforts

edit:I tried again with your file
Always the same result, it does not work

Last edited:

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas

I did several tests

Hello...
Just saying it doesn't work... really doesn't help... Blender is not a placement tool. When a model has the no suppression tag.. It should not suppress autogen around it.. otherwise it will.

A picture of the model within FSX would help with and without the suppression tag.

Have you tried the model within ADE?

krispy1001

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
  1. Maybe it made sense if all of these flags (NoCrash, NoShadow) are included as an option.
  2. In my case as I (among other things) use it for autogen objects, drawcall batching as an export option would be useful. Not sure though if it is done in the .x file or by x2mdl
  3. I found a bug in the final alpha multiply property (sometimes used on aicraft) which I was able to fix in my copy. Shall I provide the details/where?
Thanks a lot for the effort, really appreciated! :)
Hi Dave!

Yes, it would be awesome if you would upload your corrected code to this thread. The more people we get that is willing to help correct errors, or add functions to the tool-set would be greatly appreciated by myself and the rest of the Blender FSX community.

Thank you very much, Kris

krispy1001

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates

I did several tests

Hi FSX3D!

Well maybe it is that I do not understand what the "No_Autogen_Suppression" does then. Because when I place the platform with the poly that has "No_Autogen_Suppression" applied to it, all trees that were there before are gone. So I was under the impression that the function keeps random autogen like trees or house from being placed.

Thanks, Kris

dave hoeffgen

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Hi FSX3D!

Well maybe it is that I do not understand what the "No_Autogen_Suppression" does then. Because when I place the platform with the poly that has "No_Autogen_Suppression" applied to it, all trees that were there before are gone. So I was under the impression that the function keeps random autogen like trees or house from being placed.

Thanks, Kris
The <NoAutogenSuppression/> is one of the flags in the placement xml file which come ahead of the library object entry.
It should prevent the autogen object within the scenery object's bounding box from being suppressed.

Country
france
Hi Kris

It's quite the opposite "NoAutogenSuppression" means that it does not remove the autogen

If output in the XML it does not appear, then it does not work

=Pyscen=

My message is clear and understanding
When I say it does not work,
As I say above it is in the output XML that we see it

hi dave

Thank you for answering

=Kris=

look in the XML I gave you
Thanks to you and do not hesitate to ask me more info

Country
france
Here is a sample XML file from MCX

NAS.JPG

The option "NoAutogenSuppression" is set to the same level as NoCrash etc .....
If this can help ;)

NAS2.JPG

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
The XML that you are showing... is that the one that works or not?

Also... what does it show through Blender? Do you have it save the XML file through Blender?

The reason is that "Don't work" doesn't help is because it could be a simple syntax issue... that's the reason pictures help along with understanding... just because you think it is understandable doesn't mean it will help the person writing the plug-in.

Every little thing helps when troubleshooting.

Last edited:
Country
france
Yes the XML I show works well, it comes from MCX
Blender2fsx does not export the "NoAutogenSuppression" line in XML
Before compiling

Here is the XML output of Blender:

NAS3.JPG

What is strange is that we do not see the "NoCrash" in the XML.
It is nevertheless OK
It is well NOCrash in the game

He probably writes somewhere else, I do not know.

thanks for your advice Pyscen

krispy1001

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
Ok! I think that I have it right this time. I have re-wrote the code for adding "NoAutogenSuppression" for a Blender FSX project. I see what I did wrong last time. I was adding the "NoAutogenSuppression" as an attach point to a poly that I added to the test file. So the "NoAutogenSuppression" was wrote in the model's .x file.

I have test this version, and that I can tell it is working good. It does not remove trees or houses if object is placed in FSX.

Please let me know if there are any issues found.

You can download this update at the begging of this thread.

Thanks, Kris!

Country
malaysia
Hi,

I am trying to export my project. This is my export screen:

export-setting-png.33304

When i am trying to export my project, i am receiving this error.

error-png.33303

It only happens when I select Create XML Scenery Placement for this MDL option on the Export FSX.X option.

Please help me to solve this.

Thanks in advance.

Country
france
Hi Kris

I'll try it right away :)

Thank you for your hard work !!!!

@Mano

I do not see or is your problem, sorry