• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Blender2FSX After Blender 2.75a Crash (CLOSED)

Country
malaysia
The ground polygon wizard exports SCASM code and compiles it with scasm.exe.
No FSX/P3D materials, no xml

Dave,

Previously, in one of the thread, who have mentioned that you won't use MCX for creating bgl file. You just drag xml file into bglComp. So, how do you fix the layers so that it won't overlap with others?

Country
malaysia
Hi MANOCHVARMA A/L RAMAN!

The only way that would be possible for me to write the code needed to duplicate the output that you get using "Ground Polygon Wizard". Is if it is possible to see the xml code that is used to create the BGL file that "Ground Polygon Wizard" produces.

Thanks, Kris

Hi Kris,

As Dave told, there is no xml file created after creating the bgl file. Is there any other options for me to provide the file you needed?

If you could create a section on the Blender to fsx/p3d toolset that would allow us to set the layers for that particular material, then it would be a great time saving property in this tool set. Example as below image:

Layer Option.jpg

Note: The layers must be in multiple of 4 as it is in MCX.

You may check this forum (http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/th...rtain-texture-ground-poly.439690/#post-768749) since i guess there are some limitations for layer 8 and 12 specially for P3D.

Edited:

Based on Dave post (#83), the layers can be in multiple/increment of 1. There is no necessary it should be in multiple of 4.

Last edited:

dave hoeffgen

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Dave,

Previously, in one of the thread, who have mentioned that you won't use MCX for creating bgl file. You just drag xml file into bglComp. So, how do you fix the layers so that it won't overlap with others?

Not using MCX from my end as I said only applies for 3D objects which I don't consider ground polygons to be. for ground polygons I indeed use MCX as it is the only way (except for tweaking ASM code exported from GMax with the FS2002 gamepack I think).

As you are developing for P3D as far as I recall you culd also use the Z-bias value for layering, but you will have to use the Blender2P3D toolset to export properly.

Also you can dig into the MCX documentation to see if there's a batch command for the GP wizard so you can save some time.

FYI: The layers don't necessarily have to be multiples of four, I use single steps and stay between 16 and 32 for best results.

Country
malaysia
Not using MCX from my end as I said only applies for 3D objects which I don't consider ground polygons to be. for ground polygons I indeed use MCX as it is the only way (except for tweaking ASM code exported from GMax with the FS2002 gamepack I think).

As you are developing for P3D as far as I recall you culd also use the Z-bias value for layering, but you will have to use the Blender2P3D toolset to export properly.

Thanks for the info about layering.
1. The Z-bias option only available for P3D? How if we want to do that in Blender2FSX toolset? (@krispy1001 Maybe you can help on this too.)

FSX:
Z-Bias FSX.PNG

P3D:
Z-Bias P3D.PNG

2. I am trying to set the Z-Bias value, but i couldn't change it. It stick on 0 even after checked the Z-Test Alpha, Alpha test Level: 1.0 and Test Mode: Greater. What are the options that should I choose?

Z-Bias P3D.PNG

Also you can dig into the MCX documentation to see if there's a batch command for the GP wizard so you can save some time.

Will find it out.

FYI: The layers don't necessarily have to be multiples of four, I use single steps and stay between 16 and 32 for best results.

This is new info for me.

Thank you Dave.

Last edited:

Osian

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hello everyone, I have a problem exporting my TU-334.

This is the error I get when I try to export my model with animations.
42a4c0ef27ce84d09da90ca2292c18b8.png

This is the error I get when I do it without animations.
53ee405825fc949ca0fff599609d0be0.png

The Blender I use is version 2.76 the FSX toolkit I use is version 0.7 and I have used it before and it was working fine.

Thanks in advance.

krispy1001

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
Hi Osian!

The error is telling you that XToMdl.exe is finding an error with your .x file. So what you need to do is start selecting an object at a time of your project and see if it will export. Keep adding an object to the one that exported without an error until you fine the object in your model that is causing the issue. This is the method that I use to find this type of problem. There are many issues that can cause this error.

There are two main problems that I have found when people having this issue and they send me there file to help them find the problem. The number one issue is that they are use one texture sheet to texture their project. Now depending on the size of your project, will determine if you get an error. XToMdl has a vertex texture limit of 65k. The second issue that I have found is that they have used modifiers such as "subdivision surface". And they are using such high values for the modifier that they exceed the 65k texture vert limit. So be careful when using modifiers that will increase your vert count.

Let me know if you find your problem!

Thanks, Kris

Osian

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Ok I have got rid of the fan blades which had an animations assigned to them and I have made sure all the materials don't have more the 65k verts in them and it looked like it was going to export but then this error came up
1dd739a7d66395652cf0b629c4859049.png

krispy1001

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
Hi Osian!

The error is still telling you that XToMdl has found an error in your .x file. Did you go through your project selecting an object at a time and see if you can export the object? You then add another object to the one that exported without an error, until you find an object that will not export without an error?

Thanks, Kris

Country
malaysia
Ok I have got rid of the fan blades which had an animations assigned to them and I have made sure all the materials don't have more the 65k verts in them and it looked like it was going to export but then this error came up View attachment 34922

Hi @Osian ,
There might be two problems to get this error:
1. Please check is there any objects/models you have left out without adding material? I have came across this issue few times. What I have seen in my situation is, either I left object/model without material or there are conflict with other material and the object.
2.Please make each object/model into single user. Otherwise you will see this error until you solve it.

You may try Krispy1001 method (thread #86 & 88)to identify which object is actually making the problem.

Hope it helps you.

Osian

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi Osian!

The error is still telling you that XToMdl has found an error in your .x file. Did you go through your project selecting an object at a time and see if you can export the object? You then add another object to the one that exported without an error, until you find an object that will not export without an error?

Thanks, Kris
I have gone through all of the parts individually and all came back with the same error? I don't know what to do about it. (EDIT) I have tried exporting a completely different model and returns the same error.

Hi @Osian ,
There might be two problems to get this error:
1. Please check is there any objects/models you have left out without adding material? I have came across this issue few times. What I have seen in my situation is, either I left object/model without material or there are conflict with other material and the object.
2.Please make each object/model into single user. Otherwise you will see this error until you solve it.

You may try Krispy1001 method (thread #86 & 88)to identify which object is actually making the problem.

Hope it helps you.
As far as I know and I checked it all parts have a material added to them and all parts have their own material to make sure that no limit was reached.

Last edited:
Country
malaysia
I have gone through all of the parts individually and all came back with the same error? I don't know what to do about it. (EDIT) I have tried exporting a completely different model and returns the same error.

As far as I know and I checked it all parts have a material added to them and all parts have their own material to make sure that no limit was reached.

Maybe you can attach your blender file for us to check it for you.

Country
malaysia
Hi,

as I am aware, when we checked the radio button in FSX Materials Params in Blender2fsx toolset, it means the result will be TRUE.

But for No Base Material Specular, I found that if it left untick, the MCX setting shows TRUE and only if we thick it it shows FALSE. I think the setting should be vice versa

If:
UNTICK = FALSE
THICK = TRUE

blender2fsx-png.34634

Sorry if I am wrong. Hope to get solution for it. Thanks.

Last edited:
Country
malaysia

Have you initialize the toolset and set all your data in the toolset such as coordinates, heading and etc. before exporting it?
If you don't have any data, please put 0 on it. Do not leave empty.

Edit:
Sorry forgot you are referring to aircraft model. I thought of scenery development.

Last edited:

krispy1001

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates

Hi Osian!

Send me a part of your TU-334 project mesh. And I will look at it and see if I can find what is wrong with it. Please send in windows zip file.

Thanks, Kris

Osian

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Here is the file :)

Attachments

• tu-334_V2-5.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 207

krispy1001

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
Hi Osian!

I have downloaded your file. I will look at it tomorrow and see what I can find.

Thanks, Kris

Country
malaysia
Here is the file :)

Hi Osian,

First of all i have look at your TU-334 model. It looks amazing.

I tried to export to mdl format and i successfully manage to export it without error.

I noticed that you have not enter the data in the properties. Try follow this method:

1. Initialize toolset
2. Enter all the data in the Latitude, longitude,Altitude ...Heading as in the image #1 below.

Try export it.

Blender 2 fsx.PNG

Image 2: Export Left Panel Screen

Log.PNG

Export MDL : To export .mdl and .x format
Create XML Scenery Placement : will create .bgl file

I hope this will helps you.

dave hoeffgen

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Hi Osian,

I tried to export to mdl format and i successfully manage to export it without error.

I noticed that you have not enter the data in the properties. Try follow this method:

1. Initialize toolset
2. Enter all the data in the Latitude, longitude,Altitude ...Heading as in the image #1 below.

Try export it.

View attachment 35002

View attachment 35003

I don't think the scenery placement stuff would be necessary for an airplane :laughing:

Osian

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi Osian,

1. Initialize toolset

Try export it.

View attachment 35002

View attachment 35003

Thanks for the compliment on the TU-334 model :)

Anyway,
I did that and it sadly still came back with an error, I am starting to suspect my PC might be the problem :p

Country
malaysia
I don't think the scenery placement stuff would be necessary for an airplane :laughing:

I never know about that. Thanks for the info.

Thanks for the compliment on the TU-334 model :)

Anyway,
I did that and it sadly still came back with an error, I am starting to suspect my PC might be the problem :p

I got no idea then, may be you can try downloading the latest version of Blender2FSX_088 toolset on the first post of this thread. Then try with it.